Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 8300 i7 hacked perfectly except....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For the network, cannot seem to get it working. According to windows it's a "Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet", having a hard time tracking down exactly which model, I can grab the hardware IDs if that would help. This is my first hackintosh, I was looking through this thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... topic=4987

but having a real hard time following it, mostly people talking who seem to REALLY know this stuff, if anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Install was pretty easy though, had the slow mouse/staticy sound but fixing the bus ratio fixed that right up, the network seems to be my only problem left.

Well I took the easy way out and bought the $30 USB to ethernet adaptor from apple, fixed my network problem, and now that I've got my boot from HD working (thank you crispybishop), the machine seems to be working flawlessly. Anyone have any "trouble spots" that are common to hackintoshes that I might not have noticed yet? I see that sleep seems to be a problem for a lot of them, I'm going to try that when I get home.

Gordo74 said:
...This isnt Sandy Bridge related.

Actually, it is:

"During CES 2011, Dell introduced the new XPS 8300 desktop featuring
Core i5 and i7 quad-core Sandy Bridge CPUs at a starting price of $749.
It is a powerful combination of processor and graphics options. The XPS
8300 desktop also features 1GB AMD Radeon HD 5450/HD 5670/HD 5770
graphics cards."

More here: http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-8300/pd.aspx

Not bad for $750... I wish Apple made one.

Hi,

I am going to be new at this but only after I purchase the XPS 8300. Would the specs below work?

Thanks

XPS 8300

Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor(8MB Cache, 3.4GHz)
8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMs
AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 1GB DDR3
Standard USB 2.0 + 10/100/1000 Ethernet (did not say what model)
THX® TruStudio PC™
Wireless Dell 1501 Wireless-N PCIe Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back