Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 7590 FHD (Nearly Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, first of all thank you for sharing your hard work, I'm considering to hack my computer but I have questions:
- How is your battery life with this EFI ? Lets say I only watch youtube videos non-stop, how much screen time can I get approximately ?
- I'm not considering change my wi-fi card soon, instead I'm going to use a dongle. Should I do anything special to prevent wi-fi card to drain power? Or will this cause any instability ?

Hi Guys,
My xps 7590 I7 build using https://github.com/LuletterSoul/Dell-XPS15-9570-macOS is having batter life issue.
It drains so fast.
My configuration for now is: 20gb(16gb curcial +4gb stock), wd sn750 512gb, plus dw1560 wifi card.
Other than the battery issue, all is working good.
Any help is appreciated.

Hey there, first of all thank you for sharing your hard work, I'm considering to hack my computer but I have questions:
- How is your battery life with this EFI ? Lets say I only watch youtube videos non-stop, how much screen time can I get approximately ?
- I'm not considering change my wi-fi card soon, instead I'm going to use a dongle. Should I do anything special to prevent wi-fi card to drain power? Or will this cause any instability ?
When I did hackintosh my Xps 15 I didn't change the wifi card and I used an old phone as ethrnet. The problem is that I couldn't use Facetime, iMessage, Airdrop and Handoff. As soon as I have changed the wifi card everything worked just fine. So I recommend to change the wifi card if you want to use them. I recommend this wifi card BCM94360NG.

Unfortunately, this picture doesn't tell me much. You would need the text at the right as it starts outputting the panic. You can try and check your boot logs (google it, I don't know how) or film your screen and replay it in slow motion.

Ack sorry for the reply spam everyone, I forgot that I should be merging these.
I found what cause those kernel panic. It was VoodooPS2Controller kext that needed update.

Hello I'm having problem with my Catalina (10.15.5) installation, after the command sudo kextcache -i / system does not boot anymore. It hangs on this kernel panic (attached). I have tried using older versions of Open core (05.8,05.9,0.60) same error. Tried -x -f -v boot flags same panic. Tried different versions of kexts same panic. I can boot in recovery mode, so i tried with in terminal kextcache -i /, -u but it gives me errors about StagedExtensions could not be found "because there is no such file...

Any tip, debuging, would be appreciated.

Tried reinstalling, system boots fine until there is kext cache rebuild.
Im suspecting one kext bricks the prelinked kernel. Can somebody help with debugging...?

Specs

Dell XPS 7590
i7 9750h
16GB RAM
1TB ADATA SX8200 m.2 nvme
1080 non touch panel
wifi BCM94360NG fenvi card

Efi is loosely based on this repo: (also tried with his files, but same panic)

https://github.com/gorquan/OC-XPS-7590
290671409_IMG_1948copy.jpg.94c50dd892316549c096f92e050fb593.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
Anyone been lucky trying to start Big Sur installer? Kernel panic here right after starting opencore boot related to vm_map_delete...

Did someone managed to get the sd card reader to work? Multiple people managed it on the 9570, is it different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back