Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 7590
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1650 FHD
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Currently working on this laptop. I have the i7 FHD (1080p) GTX 1650 version. It will probably work on all FHD editions. I'm also currently running Catalina on it with no issues (AFAIK Catalina is needed to get WiFi 100% working)

Best way to keep up with my config is on GitHub https://github.com/pmdevita/XPS15-7590-Hackintosh

What works:
Booting
Graphics Acceleration
HDMI Out *(No Hotplugging, no audio)
Keyboard/Trackpad
Brightness Control
Battery/Charging Status
Power management/sleep *(Sleep works, not sure how to check power management)
Webcam
Audio/Mic
WiFi (DW1820A)

What doesn't work:
Thunderbolt (Can't test, don't have a thunderbolt device but others report some success)

What will never work (drivers, etc.):
Fingerprint reader
SD Card reader
Nvidia Card (Mac doesn't support Optimus/new Nvidia cards)

I'll eventually make a full guide. For now, you'll either need some Hackintosh experience or good googling skills.

To be placed in Clover/kexts/Other, make sure these are up-to-date.

AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
CPUFriend.kext
CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
DisplayMergeNub.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
NoTouchID.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCLightSensor.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Sources/Guides

I'll be tracking down and listing all the posts that helped me in case they may help you, and to also give credit.

WiFi

Description of Problems

These are copied from the old post but they still apply.

Power managment/sleep

System report says I have an i9, which is kinda weird since I'm using MacbookPro15,1 as my SMBIOS device and this is an i7 laptop. Not sure if that's a problem but I think it indicates my power management is not right. The CPU goes down to about 0.80 GHz but doesn't clock down any lower even when idle. Sleep does work now though, seemed to be a Wi-Fi related issue.

HDMI Out

Booting with the HDMI plug in works fine. However, plugging and unplugging while booted ends usually does not work. Audio does not work even when it is sending a picture.

Last edited:
Good job. Looking forward to your fully detailed guide.

After a lot of reading (first time doing this), i got it working with Bavariancake's EFI without problems.
I got DELL XPS 7590 i9 with Nvidia GTX 1650 and Killer AX1650. For the wifi, just for testing now i purchased TP4 usb link and works like a charm. Ill think about buying a DW1380. Apart of what @pmdevita said, i confirm that Thunderbolt is working with 2 monitors connected through a belkin dock (one with usb-c and another to DP)
Also, Goodix Fingerprint is not working, i did not find how to set it up.

edit: laptop screen turns off as it only supports 2 monitors at the same time.

Update: laptop screen works along with the other two monitors after going back from suspense

Last edited:
Can you post your CloverEFI? What changes did you make?

It's been a little while since I updated. The DW1820A works but inconsistently, I think it is faiing to load the right firmware or something because once I boot with it not working in Mac, it stops working in Windows and once I fix it in Windows, it starts working on Mac again. Audio also kinda works but also inconsistently (I'm also having some audio problems in Windows too). I think VirtualSMC is doing a better job of keeping my CPU frequency down but I'm not quite sure yet. Sleep seems to work ok, reviving from sleep after hibernating requires a reboot (and sometimes a boot into Windows) but it does come back.

I have now been using https://github.com/LuletterSoul/Dell-XPS-15-9570-macOS-Mojave for quite some time now.
What works:
1. Sleep - Works fine with LuletterSoul's repo but not on bavariancake
2. The processor management for me is pretty good, getting 5+ hrs of battery life when browsing.
3. HDMI
4. Usually get 25000+ multi-core score using LuletterSoul's repo and 20000-21000 using Bavariancake. https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14314016

What doesn't work:
1. Audio - Sometimes headphone jack stops works (this issue is not there on bavariancake's repo)
2. Display - 50% of left screen flickers sometimes, I could be wrong but this happens less on bavariancake's repo
3. Trackpad - It's 90% fine but sometimes there's a lag/ jitter.

Hmm I should check to see what sevendaye's is based on and merge in some stuff from lulletter to get those things working better. Sevendaye's has audio, display, and trackpad working as far as I can tell (haven't worked too much with the headphone jack though so can't confirm that's all well).

Just figured out the DW1820A doesn't seem to be initialized properly on Mac (I did report on this in my last post but I wasn't sure if anything else about it was broken). If you boot Windows and then reboot into Mac, it works fine but if you cold boot straight into Mac it doesn't work

@pmdevita @dhruvdangi need some help if possible. I have a xps 7590 (9980 processor). I made a usb drive with unibeast for mojave, copied lulettersoul files on it but I get panic and it is not booting. Is there something else I need to do besides creating the USB and copying the files? Thanks a lot.

in case somebody has the same problem, I was using an external hard drive and a USB bootable stick, leaving the original xps (windows) drive in the computer. When I disabled the internal drive, I was able to boot from USB and install macos on the external drive. I then opened the computer and replaced the drive with the one I installed macos on. Now I have a working macos installation, only the touchscreen does not work but will think about it another time.

After a lot of reading (first time doing this), i got it working with Bavariancake's EFI without problems.
I got DELL XPS 7590 i9 with Nvidia GTX 1650 and Killer AX1650. For the wifi, just for testing now i purchased TP4 usb link and works like a charm. Ill think about buying a DW1380. Apart of what @pmdevita said, i confirm that Thunderbolt is working with 2 monitors connected through a belkin dock (one with usb-c and another to DP)
Also, Goodix Fingerprint is not working, i did not find how to set it up.

edit: laptop screen turns off as it only supports 2 monitors at the same time.

Update: laptop screen works along with the other two monitors after going back from suspense

Hi, i'm new to hackintoshing and got the new XPS with i9 and OLED and am interested in hackintoshing. Can someone point me to which EFI would be best for my build and maybe a guide on how to install it? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back