Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 7590 FHD (Nearly Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
Fairly new Hackintosher here. I've read a bunch of posts everywhere and browsed through beginner's guides on here.
For the sake of the experiment, I have partitioned external SSD with Clover, Install Catalina and the rest for the macOS install. I also have a flash drive with the first two partitions. I've copied files form OPs attachment into the clover folder.
I boot to clover, but when I try to install macOS, I get a kernel panic. At first, I thought it might be an SSD problem (Micron 2200) but my kernel panics happen on the VoodooIPC2 step. I read once again through comment and saw OP mentioning the problems with Voodoo kext. Have the Clover folder been updated with fixes or do we need to get those in ourselves?
Another question I have: I have partitioned the drives and installed Catalina Installer and Clover through a mac. Can I dump files into Clover folder from linux or do I have to do it from a mac too? My mbp is currently travelling with a family member.

Thank you in advance!

hi~~thanks for your share.
I tried with my xps 15 7590, 4k, 512g hynix, 1650
First time i forget to change raid0 to ahci and i saw the apple install process, but i cant find my ssd in disk manage tool.
So i change raid0 to ahci and try again.......everything wrong.....reboot all the time
Do u konw how to fix it?

im totally new with hackinsh. thank you for your help~~~

I've been trying to install your setup among the most popular ones (bavariancake, LuletterSoul..) and I got always a kernel panic during installation. Also tried with Catalina and Mojave and both with the same problem.

My dell xps config:
Dell XPS 15 7590 i7-9750H
16GB RAM
SSD SK Hynix pc601 512GBgot i
GeForce(R) GTX 1650 / Intel UHD Graphics 630

I suspect that it might be because os the SSD is not compatible but I don't know how to confirm that. Also this is the output when installing just before getting the kernel panic
Code:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IONVMeFamily(2.1)
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity(1.0.5)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)you
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM(2.1)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(2.1)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily(47)

I've disabled secure boot in bios and using AHCI mode.

Any chance you guys can point me to the right direction please?

[EDIT]
Finally I got it, I'm typing now from my hackintosh it was necessary to change the ssd as the hynix is not compatible so I bought a crucial P1 1TB and it works out the box. Mac os detected my laptop as an i9 which is a bit weird so I still have to start polishing until fixing those details. BTW thanks @pmdevita for sharing your clover folder it's a good start, I've included https://github.com/acidanthera/NVMeFix with the hope of having optimized power management for the ssd
seems i met the same issue with you. so everything fine after u changed the hynix ssd?

seems i met the same issue with you. so everything fine after u changed the hynix ssd?
Yeah I got managed to install Catalina after changing the ssd without too much trouble, it's been some days since I'm using it and honestly works pretty well but there are still some points that makes me a bit disappointed:

• Battery life is awful it last around 3h without running heavy tasks
  • HMDI hotplug not working fine (this is annoying for using external monitor frequently)
  • Occasionally not having audio output from start but I deal with it restarting the laptop
I started using the clover folder provided by pmdevita (BTW thanks for sharing) but also testing things from bavariancake and LuletterSoul repositories that seem to be the most popular ones even though covering the previous XPS generation.

Last edited:
Yeah I got managed to install Catalina after changing the ssd without too much trouble, it's been some days since I'm using it and honestly works pretty well but there are still some points that makes me a bit disappointed:

• Battery life is awful it last around 3h without running heavy tasks
  • HMDI hotplug not working fine (this is annoying for using external monitor frequently)
  • Occasionally not having audio output from start but I deal with it restarting the laptop
I started using the clover folder provided by pmdevita (BTW thanks for sharing) but also testing things from bavariancake and LuletterSoul repositories that seem to be the most popular ones even though covering the previous XPS generation.
haha!~ That's nice!~ Can i ask the new model you choice for ssd? toshiba?or samsung

Battery life is fine cause i always stay at home. But i really want use thunderbolt and external monitor.

however, hackintosh is good way for patient training~~haha~~~

haha!~ That's nice!~ Can i ask the new model you choice for ssd? toshiba?or samsung

Battery life is fine cause i always stay at home. But i really want use thunderbolt and external monitor.

however, hackintosh is good way for patient training~~haha~~~
Sure, I bought the Crucial P1 CT1000P1SSD8 1TB, people usually recommend the Samsung 970 EVO 1TB (the normal version the plus one seems not to work out of the box) but it cost the double compared with the crucial and I don't need the extra speed. My laptop is used mostly for software development.

That's nice pmdevita we all thank you for sharing your progress, I'm afraid that I'm not experienced enough in hackintosh builds so can't provide much help with the codebase but as long as we shared the exact same hardware (except the ssd) just let me know if I can perform some kind of testing so we can verify that changes are towards the right direction.

@pmdevita Do you know whether thunderbolt is working or not? Thanks!

Did anyone try the new MacOs 10.15.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back