Register

Dell XPS 420 compatibility questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad E8500
Graphics
GeForce GTX 320 1GB
New to making Hackintoshes, so sorry if there's some rookie questions here, but I have an old (10+ years) Dell XPS 420. I searched on here for some old threads, and while I found a few here and on other sites, they were pretty old and usually unanswered. (For context, I'm just messing with an old computer, since I don't want to experiment on my daily driver) If I could get it to run, I wouldn't mind being able to run Facetime or IMessage on it, to communicate easier with friends and family who use Macs,

So, can a Dell XPS 420 (Intel Core 2 Quad E8500, 4GB Ram, Geforce GT320 1GB) run OSX?

If so, because of its age, can it only run a 10 year old version of OSX?

Can I install OSX on a computer with Windows 10 already (if so, do I need a whole new hard drive)?

And, will Apple applications (IMessage, Facetime) work on a Hackintosh (or do they even exist on older versions of OSX)?

Thanks for helping a newbie like me out!

Hi there
New to making Hackintoshes, so sorry if there's some rookie questions here, but I have an old (10+ years) Dell XPS 420. I searched on here for some old threads, and while I found a few here and on other sites, they were pretty old and usually unanswered. (For context, I'm just messing with an old computer, since I don't want to experiment on my daily driver) If I could get it to run, I wouldn't mind being able to run Facetime or IMessage on it, to communicate easier with friends and family who use Macs,

So, can a Dell XPS 420 (Intel Core 2 Quad E8500, 4GB Ram, Geforce GT320 1GB) run OSX?

If so, because of its age, can it only run a 10 year old version of OSX?

Can I install OSX on a computer with Windows 10 already (if so, do I need a whole new hard drive)?

And, will Apple applications (IMessage, Facetime) work on a Hackintosh (or do they even exist on older versions of OSX)?

Thanks for helping a newbie like me out!

Hi there, were you able to get this installed on you XPS 420? I'm trying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back