Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 18 - Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the ACPIBatteryManager.kext after taking that ioreg file. See attached.

Attachments

• Elizabeth’s Mac Pro 11.16.2013 2.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
I installed the ACPIBatteryManager.kext after taking that ioreg file. See attached.

It is still not there. Boot "-f" and provide ioreg. And check system.log for errors related to battery.

You definitely haven't followed the instructions for power management. Take another read. Here are some clues:

- your sysdef is MacBookPro8,1. Should be MacBookAir5,x (or maybe MacBookPro9,x)
- you're lacking DropSSDT=Yes
- you're missing an SSDT
- not sure about the state of GenerateC/PStates in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

You definitely haven't followed the instructions for power management. Take another read. Here are some clues:

- your sysdef is MacBookPro8,1. Should be MacBookAir5,x (or maybe MacBookPro9,x)
- you're lacking DropSSDT=Yes
- you're missing an SSDT
- not sure about the state of GenerateC/PStates in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

How can I fix this without having to start all over and re-install the operating system?

Unfortunately, trying to re-run multibeast failed. It wouldn't let me run it. Therefore, I've got to re-download Mavericks installation to my VMware installation of Mountain Lion and start all over. This may take me some time. Once I get the OS Re-installed, I'll begin with the Power Management post and go through it, then post the IOReg and see if it's correct.

It may be a while, because my connection here at home is a little slow. Mavericks will take some time to download.

Unfortunately, trying to re-run multibeast failed. It wouldn't let me run it.

Wouldn't let you run it, or wouldn't let you install things with it?

If the latter, points to a kernel cache issue. You could rebuild cache via DPCIManager and pay attention to the logs to see what the problem is.

Wouldn't let you run it, or wouldn't let you install things with it?

If the latter, points to a kernel cache issue. You could rebuild cache via DPCIManager and pay attention to the logs to see what the problem is.

It wouldn't let me install things with it. I haven't been keeping up my log of processes like I should. It may be better for me to start fresh. If I had done things right the first time I wouldn't be having these issues. That way I can log what I do properly.:think:

It wouldn't let me install things with it. I haven't been keeping up my log of processes like I should. It may be better for me to start fresh. If I had done things right the first time I wouldn't be having these issues. That way I can log what I do properly.:think:

Yup. Good on ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back