Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 18 - Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just set config.plist/SMBOIS as MacBookPro8,1. Then you'll be using CPU PM with ACPI_SMC...
Use Clover Configurator to set the SMBIOS. You might want to use your original serial#.

original serial#?

The serial# you were using with Chameleon.

I installed Chimera from multibeast before... I'm not sure I used chameleon for anything...

Or do you mean Chameleon Wizard? Sorry... I'm going through my guide. I used that to edit files I believe... but I'm not sure any of the previous files were saved. I'll have to go look when I get a chance.

I installed Chimera from multibeast before... I'm not sure I used chameleon for anything...

Or do you mean Chameleon Wizard? Sorry... I'm going through my guide. I used that to edit files I believe... but I'm not sure any of the previous files were saved. I'll have to go look when I get a chance.

It's all coming back to me (slowly). I think I know what you're talking about but I didnt save any of my old files, so I have no idea what my old serial# would have been.

It's all coming back to me (slowly). I think I know what you're talking about but I didnt save any of my old files, so I have no idea what my old serial# would have been.

You should have saved your entire /Extra folder. Also, keep in mind SSDT.aml generated from ssdtPRgen.sh needs edits to remove plugin-type injection if you are to use MacBookPro8,1. Had you saved your /Extra you would still be able to use the old SSDT.aml previously created. Perhaps you have a TimeMachine backup you can use, or you'll just need to refer to your notes and regenerate/re-edit.

You should have saved your entire /Extra folder. Also, keep in mind SSDT.aml generated from ssdtPRgen.sh needs edits to remove plugin-type injection if you are to use MacBookPro8,1. Had you saved your /Extra you would still be able to use the old SSDT.aml previously created. Perhaps you have a TimeMachine backup you can use, or you'll just need to refer to your notes and regenerate/re-edit.
I generated the SSDT with the probook installer. Can i just create an /Extra folder and generate a new one with the same program I used before? I still have the app.

I generated the SSDT with the probook installer. Can i just create an /Extra folder and generate a new one with the same program I used before? I still have the app.

You can generate any way... (ProBook installer has an older copy of ssdtPRgen.sh, but it works for your CPU).
But you will need edits after... (remove plugin-type injection or change to zero).

Current guide using ssdtPRgen.sh: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

You can generate any way... (ProBook installer has an older copy of ssdtPRgen.sh, but it works for your CPU).
But you will need edits after... (remove plugin-type injection or change to zero).

Current guide using ssdtPRgen.sh: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/
Okay.... I followed the guides... now when I reboot from HDD, I see no bootable drives to boot into... Which makes me wonder... When I click on the EFI volume, it has a folder called EFI and everything is inside that... do I need to move the contents of the EFI partition up a folder?

the clover install from your link mounted the drive by itself... I didnt have to do anything to mount it like your guide says.

Okay.... I followed the guides... now when I reboot from HDD, I see no bootable drives to boot into...

It means you forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI. Make sure you read carefully...

Under drivers64UEFI, I selected "OsxAptioFixDrv-64". HFSPlus.efi doesnt exist in that list for me.
It means you forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI. Make sure you read carefully...

Okay. that's fixed. My screen seems brighter, but I'm still getting some serious glitching....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back