Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 L501X Waste of Money & Time ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx whitegerry, now graphics works after sleep, everything works exept i think Speedstep/Turboboost .
Is Speedstep/Turboboost enabled in DSDT ?

I've got a working ML installation using whitegerry's 7zip file for mountain lion. The steps I took to do the install are as follows:

1) create unibeast usb drive
2) copy the files from the "Pre installation/Extra" folder in the 7zip file into the Extra folder on the unibeast disk and copy the files from the "SLE" folder to the System/Library/Extensions" folder on the unibeast disk.
3) boot off the USB disk, format internal drive, perform installation
4) boot off USB again, use the terminal to copy the files from the "SLE" folder of the 7z file to System/Library/Extensions on the internal hard drive, copy the files from the "Extra" folder of the 7z into a new directory "Extra" on the internal hard drive.
5) use the USB disk to boot the internal hard drive. BE SURE TO BOOT WITH THE -x OPTION. Finish the installation, install Chimera with MultiBeast.
6) Boot into ML.

The only issues I'm having are the inability to recognize the internal trackpad as a trackpad in the preferences pane and some random graphical corruption on sleep.

I tried to install with your steps, but still stuck on the 3rd step. When i try to perform the installation, it suddenly stops at com_lnx2mac_RealtekTRL81xx: Ethernet adress xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
I only use the GraphicsEnabler=No
My dell is an i5 with nVidia 420M

Any suggestion? Thanks

Hi all! I have a dell XPS 15, l501x, i7-740QM, nvidia geforce 435M 2gb, i've installed Mountain Lion and all works well except "stop", when i put in "stop" when it wake up i have black screen and i have to turn off...

There are some kext i can use?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

UPDATE 2012.9.11
Dell XPS15 L501X for Mountain Lion.
And you need to update the nvidia driver to fix the grahpics issues(extract the kext files with pacifist):http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.00f20-driver.html

Shall I install all of 'em?

My experience is quite similar to Glairige's. I have trackpad working with Amerco's solution (TNKS!) but it doesn't come back from sleep, and also some graphic corruption. Anyway, I had some problems installing. I think I didn't make the unibeast usb correctly. Maybe I should have used ditto instead of cp -r in terminal when charging Whitegerry's kexts. The thing is install failed one minute before the end. I'll try to make the unibeast usb again and re-install.

Thanks to Whitegerry for the files and work. Performance is better than Lion. Temperature is between 50 and 70 C which is quite better than before. And everything works just like out of the box (almost).

I have Dell XPS L501x
-Intel i7-740
-nVidia 430m

Guys I am going to upgrade from Lion to ML.

I have bought the app from mac store. Can I just upgrade the hackintosh with it ? [I mean just opening the app & letting it to do that work].

If not, what all kernel flags I have to use while installing ?

and after installation what all Mutibeast settings I have to use ?

Thank you !!

All,

I have an L501x with 10.8.3 installed using whitegerry's Mountain Lion files. Thank you very very much whitegerry!!!!! I was wondering if you or anyone who has had a successful installation, is having problem with USB 3.0 port? My USB 2.0 ports works perfectly, but when I plug in USB 3.0 specific devices, (i.e. External HDD, USB Flash), my system will not recognize it. Any kexts or tweaks to get it working? Any help is always much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Okay. I got all the files from whitegerry, and it all seems to work well. Although I am not so sure about the performance. HWMonitor shows the cpu goes only up to 1.86 Ghz (it's the i7 740QM) instead of almost 3Ghz it should. I wouldn't care too much as that could be just false reporting, but I ran those benchmarks guys here did (novabench) and I am getting quite lower scores there...

Okay. I got all the files from whitegerry, and it all seems to work well. Although I am not so sure about the performance. HWMonitor shows the cpu goes only up to 1.86 Ghz (it's the i7 740QM) instead of almost 3Ghz it should. I wouldn't care too much as that could be just false reporting, but I ran those benchmarks guys here did (novabench) and I am getting quite lower scores there...

HWMonitor shows the turbo up to 2.93GHz.
The Turbo multiplier is: 14/14/19/22.

All,

I have an L501x with 10.8.3 installed using whitegerry's Mountain Lion files. Thank you very very much whitegerry!!!!! I was wondering if you or anyone who has had a successful installation, is having problem with USB 3.0 port? My USB 2.0 ports works perfectly, but when I plug in USB 3.0 specific devices, (i.e. External HDD, USB Flash), my system will not recognize it. Any kexts or tweaks to get it working? Any help is always much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

USB 3.0 works fine now with GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back