Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 L501X Waste of Money & Time ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merfi1500 said:
U need to repair the permission using the system disk tool and the HDEF section in the dsdt also need to be modyfied according to the kext file.

I think that permission repair do kext utlity.
Ok, I give up. After installing dsdt editor, searching I can't find hdef. I don't have sound. Maybe some1 could upload working dsdt? I don't have any idea what I could do to get things works.:([/quote]

have a try with this dsdt.aml:

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    43.3 KB · Views: 135
Merfi1500 said:
I think that permission repair do kext utlity.
Ok, I give up. After installing dsdt editor, searching I can't find hdef. I don't have sound. Maybe some1 could upload working dsdt? I don't have any idea what I could do to get things works.:(

have a try with this dsdt.aml:[/quote]

THX guys at least everything works

mountain lion ?

Does someone have succesful install mountain lion ? I get very low performance on ML and the windows are sluggish when i move them.

Does someone have succesful install mountain lion ? I get very low performance on ML and the windows are sluggish when i move them.

Dell XPS15 L501X(Lion+Mountain Lion GM):

Attachments

• Dell XPS15 L501X (Mountain Lion GM).7z
    1.4 MB · Views: 214
  • Dell XPS15 L501X (Lion 10.7.4).7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
thx Whitegerry, windows move smooth now, you know how to fixx osx :). On cinebench lion 10.7.4 i had something about ~ 24 score, on mountain lion i have ~ 10. what could be the reason for this score drop ?

thx Whitegerry, windows move smooth now, you know how to fixx osx :). On cinebench lion 10.7.4 i had something about ~ 24 score, on mountain lion i have ~ 10. what could be the reason for this score drop ?

Well I have about 24 score in ML, almost same as in Lion.

Working ML with whitegerry's 7z file

I've got a working ML installation using whitegerry's 7zip file for mountain lion. The steps I took to do the install are as follows:

1) create unibeast usb drive
2) copy the files from the "Pre installation/Extra" folder in the 7zip file into the Extra folder on the unibeast disk and copy the files from the "SLE" folder to the System/Library/Extensions" folder on the unibeast disk.
3) boot off the USB disk, format internal drive, perform installation
4) boot off USB again, use the terminal to copy the files from the "SLE" folder of the 7z file to System/Library/Extensions on the internal hard drive, copy the files from the "Extra" folder of the 7z into a new directory "Extra" on the internal hard drive.
5) use the USB disk to boot the internal hard drive. BE SURE TO BOOT WITH THE -x OPTION. Finish the installation, install Chimera with MultiBeast.
6) Boot into ML.

The only issues I'm having are the inability to recognize the internal trackpad as a trackpad in the preferences pane and some random graphical corruption on sleep.

I got trackpad working i will post kext later
Or Intstall Driver From Multibeast. Working good

Attachments

• 1448-TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 137

UPDATE 2012.9.11
Dell XPS15 L501X for Mountain Lion.
And you need to update the nvidia driver to fix the grahpics issues(extract the kext files with pacifist):http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.00f20-driver.html

Attachments

• Mountain Lion GM.7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 204
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back