i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1050Ti / UHD630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

Did anyone successfully installed MacOS High Sierra on a Dell XPS 15 9570 with Intel Core i7 8750H 6-core ??? if so, please let me know how you did it since I didn't find any guide for 9570 model.

Any help will be really appreciated

Thanks

ericfrontdev

yeah, I'd love to know too. I've found a couple of mentions about successfully installed MacOs on 9570, like https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...with_xps_9560_likely_to_apply_to_9570/e0y6o55
but they mentioned that there is no acceleration for the Intel UHD 630.

Anybody know it will work with next official version of MacOs (Mojave) since the newest Macbooks Pro have the same i7 8750H?

I'm on the verge of buying this laptop and i would like to know this too. I don't expect problems to arise but i do have questions.
I fully expect the NIC to have to be replaced. I know optimus i not going to work but i read that you can disable optimus and run the 1050TI as a fully dedicated chip, in which case i'd think that there's a possibility for the web drivers to do the trick right?

I have the 9570 now, i can't install the OS. It's not that it's impossible, i personally can't figure it out yet. Every problem i solve is followed by an equally hard one right after. Right now i made a USB installer, formatted my driver and tried to install the OS, reboot into the installer on the drive itself and i get the following error: MacOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occured while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

I have the 9570 now, i can't install the OS. It's not that it's impossible, i personally can't figure it out yet. Every problem i solve is followed by an equally hard one right after. Right now i made a USB installer, formatted my driver and tried to install the OS, reboot into the installer on the drive itself and i get the following error: MacOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occured while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

What CPU does your XPS 9570 have?

Hey Guys,

wanted to let you all know i have a 9570 and I have successfully Hackintoshed it. I'm still working on kinks and getting correct kexts to work, but i've gotten it to dual boot High Sierra and Windows 10 off one 1 TB Toshiba SSD that I partitioned into two.

What I still need to get working:

- Audio (do able i just havent installed yet)
- Touchscreen (do able but looking for affordable solution)
- Wifi (need to replace wifi card or use an external wifi usb)
- Nvidia Graphics

What does work:

- Clover bootloader without external USB ( however every time windows updates you have to go back in and edit the EFI folder to renaming the EFI boot files in the microsoft folder. i have found that even after doing this, Dell Support will try to find errors and it will take a couple of reboots and loading back into Clover off an external bootloader before it will start working again.. trying to figure out a cleaner way to keeping it always working, but it does work as long as booting into the windows side doesnt mess around with)
- Backlight keyboard
- 4k display
- all ports except the SD card reader

anyone that has experience with making the graphics drivers work smoother, even the Intel would be greatly appreciated... also if there is anyway to get the touchscreen to work without having to spend $170 for a driver from http://touch-base.com/ ....

Hey Guys,

wanted to let you all know i have a 9570 and I have successfully Hackintoshed it. I'm still working on kinks and getting correct kexts to work, but i've gotten it to dual boot High Sierra and Windows 10 off one 1 TB Toshiba SSD that I partitioned into two.

What I still need to get working:

- Audio (do able i just havent installed yet)
- Touchscreen (do able but looking for affordable solution)
- Wifi (need to replace wifi card or use an external wifi usb)
- Nvidia Graphics

What does work:

- Clover bootloader without external USB ( however every time windows updates you have to go back in and edit the EFI folder to renaming the EFI boot files in the microsoft folder. i have found that even after doing this, Dell Support will try to find errors and it will take a couple of reboots and loading back into Clover off an external bootloader before it will start working again.. trying to figure out a cleaner way to keeping it always working, but it does work as long as booting into the windows side doesnt mess around with)
- Backlight keyboard
- 4k display
- all ports except the SD card reader

anyone that has experience with making the graphics drivers work smoother, even the Intel would be greatly appreciated... also if there is anyway to get the touchscreen to work without having to spend $170 for a driver from http://touch-base.com/ ....

Your profile indicates Nvidia only graphics? Accurate?

Hey,

I have the 9570 (1080p non-touch screen version though) and have high sierra dual booted with windows 10 (not a clean install. I restored an existing Windows 10 partition / install from my old laptop).

What I don't have working so far (might be missing stuff so ask away and I'll double check):
- SD Reader
- Nvidia Graphics
- Intel UHD 630 (haven't tried to fix it yet, it shows up correct in about this mac but the memory is showing 7MB)
- WiFi (looking to replace the card)
- Adjusting screen brightness with the F11/F12 keys
- Advanced mouse gestures
- TouchID

I haven't checked the backlight keyboard yet.

Question:
Is there a working wifi driver/kext for an Intel 9260 (card that I might replace the existing killer wifi card with)??
If not, does anyone know which card will work with the 9570 and hackintosh?

UPDATE: just found a list in a post over at the osx latitude forum (post titled: "inventory of supported and unsupported wireless cards")
I'll probably buy and try a DW1560 to get wifi working

Last edited:
Hey,

I have the 9570 (1080p non-touch screen version though) and have high sierra dual booted with windows 10 (not a clean install. I restored an existing Windows 10 partition / install from my old laptop).

What I don't have working so far (might be missing stuff so ask away and I'll double check):
- SD Reader
- Nvidia Graphics
- Intel UHD 630 (haven't tried to fix it yet, it shows up correct in about this mac but the memory is showing 7MB)
- WiFi (looking to replace the card)
- Adjusting screen brightness with the F11/F12 keys
- Advanced mouse gestures
- TouchID

I haven't checked the backlight keyboard yet.

Question:
Is there a working wifi driver/kext for an Intel 9260 (card that I might replace the existing killer wifi card with)??
If not, does anyone know which card will work with the 9570 and hackintosh?

UPDATE: just found a list in a post over at the osx latitude forum (post titled: "inventory of supported and unsupported wireless cards")
I'll probably buy and try a DW1560 to get wifi working

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back