Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 9570 MacOS Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that worked also pretty well. System boots now from external USB-SSD with Mojave on it.

Which way do I have to go now to get some stuff optimized?

Working:
OnBoard Audio/Mic
Bluetooth is ON and works with a mouse, but can't be switched OFF

Stuff I would like to fix:
UHD630 shows 31 MB VRAM ... how can I check if QE is working, guess it isn't .. any chance?
Display offers 3840x2160 and 1920x1080, but in UHD it doesn't scale text or UIView attachment 402602View attachment 402603View attachment 402604View attachment 402605
if your wifi is intel, then you will need to replace the hardware

for your graphics:
make sure lilu and whatevergreen kexts are installed

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Hi there,

tried some things, installed the latest Whatevergreen 1.2.8 on HD in /L/E ... still get UHD with 31 MB VRAM

I use the Bluetooth Pan to get Internet via my mobile and did two problem reporting zips ( debug_31946 is with system dun in txt ) from the tool (see attachment).

Would be happy to get QE activated and full VRAM.

Another question I have is about Clover ... how do I change the size so that the 4k screen shows everything a little larger before I boot?

Thanks a lot guys!

Attachments

• debug_7258.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 86
  • debug_31946.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 88
Hi there,

tried some things, installed the latest Whatevergreen 1.2.8 on HD in /L/E ... still get UHD with 31 MB VRAM

I use the Bluetooth Pan to get Internet via my mobile and did two problem reporting zips ( debug_31946 is with system dun in txt ) from the tool (see attachment).

Would be happy to get QE activated and full VRAM.

Another question I have is about Clover ... how do I change the size so that the 4k screen shows everything a little larger before I boot?

Thanks a lot guys!
you need Lilu and need to boot with -cdfon flag and might also need lilucpu=9 boot flag. also, did you disable the 1050ti? also, it is recommended that you patch the Framebuffer to boost vram to 2048mb when using 4k screen. you also may need to enable HIDPL to get correct resolution enabled.

@NicolasGT: you can try out my rebuilt ALC299 for XPS13 9370. #31
It still doesn't work for me, I used your ALC299 but I guess it's different for my 15" xps 9570.
did you use 58 as the layout-id? I can only get it to work with 72, this enables the main system speakers, microphone but the headphone jack has no amplification and is barely audible.

Anyone with tips for getting amplification on the headphone jack?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back