Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 (9530) - Intel HD 4600 Graphics on QHD+ built-in display - Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds complicated. Thanks for the info anyway.

I have an HD4400 and a 1080p display. I am experiencing the exact same issues as Davi. My bios allows for an allocation of up to 512mb of VRAM on boot but the default is 64mb. I have been able to change this setting after re-extracting and compiling my ssdts/dsdts. Upping the on-boot memory allocation to 512mb hasn't gotten rid of the artifacts, but they are what I would describe as intermittent. This issue is incredibly frustrating and I suspect it may be related to having 8gb of ram. I've tried the majority of the kg-platform-ids and none of them fix it. I'm not sure how to get to the bottom of this.

I am going to reinstall windows in order to dump the EDID and inject it with clover. while I doubt it, it might be as easy as that.

I have an HD4400 and a 1080p display. I am experiencing the exact same issues as Davi. My bios allows for an allocation of up to 512mb of VRAM on boot but the default is 64mb. I have been able to change this setting after re-extracting and compiling my ssdts/dsdts. Upping the on-boot memory allocation to 512mb hasn't gotten rid of the artifacts, but they are what I would describe as intermittent. This issue is incredibly frustrating and I suspect it may be related to having 8gb of ram. I've tried the majority of the kg-platform-ids and none of them fix it. I'm not sure how to get to the bottom of this.

I am going to reinstall windows in order to dump the EDID and inject it with clover. while I doubt it, it might be as easy as that.

Try to use an ig-platform-id that matches the amount of memory assigned. Either by changing the ig-platform-id or by changing the BIOS setting. Or both.

SOLVED!!!

What I did:
Set Vram to 512
EC Reset
Install Windows 8.1
Install OS X
Set "require password on login"
Launch CSM enabled
Make sure you have all of Maverick's power management
I'm using the MBA ig-platform-id 0x0a260005
Set vram variable under clover to 1536
Inject Intel ON
Color profile set

I'm not certain which of these variables matter, but I think the most important are the EC reset and coming back from windows 8.1.

SOLVED!!!

What I did:
Set Vram to 512
EC Reset
Install Windows 8.1
Install OS X
Set "require password on login"
Launch CSM enabled
Make sure you have all of Maverick's power management
I'm using the MBA ig-platform-id 0x0a260005
Set vram variable under clover to 1536
Inject Intel ON
Color profile set

I'm not certain which of these variables matter, but I think the most important are the EC reset and coming back from windows 8.1.

Do you really need to boot Win8.1 each time you want to boot OS X?

No, I went to windows prior to installing OS X. I have a 128gb SSD so I'm not dual booting. That was simply my procedure before getting where I am now. I am thinking maybe some of the windows drivers lead to solving the issue? I did some more testing and having the log in screen on boot up is crucial. if you boot directly to the desktop, the artefacts are present. some minor artefacts are present in the login screen, but the desktop has none.

No, I went to windows prior to installing OS X. I have a 128gb SSD so I'm not dual booting. That was simply my procedure before getting where I am now. I am thinking maybe some of the windows drivers lead to solving the issue? I did some more testing and having the log in screen on boot up is crucial. if you boot directly to the desktop, the artefacts are present. some minor artefacts are present in the login screen, but the desktop has none.

It was probably one of the other things you did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back