CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I removed AppleALC since it wasn't working. I don't believe the audio chipset (Realtek ALC3271) is supported. Do you have any suggestions on how my config file should be set up to get it working?

I keep the kexts in the Off folder as a backup but I prefer to have them in Library/Extensions. Any reason that would cause issues?
according to post 1, then you will have to use VoodooHDA instead

you should still have essential kexts in clover/kexts/other for upgrades

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9700 (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1980x1200
according to post 1, then you will have to use VoodooHDA instead

you should still have essential kexts in clover/kexts/other for upgrades

I'll look into that post, thanks!

Yes, I tried VoodooHDA as well. Unfortunately, couldn't get it to work either. captainR0bbo seemed to figure out how to get it working but I haven't been able to.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9380
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I'll look into that post, thanks!

Yes, I tried VoodooHDA as well. Unfortunately, couldn't get it to work either. captainR0bbo seemed to figure out how to get it working but I haven't been able to.
Each time i booted it defaulted to headphones as the default output device for audio (which didn't work). I had to manually change it to the speadkers. Can you check if you audio output device is set to the speakers?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9700 (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1980x1200
I was able to update to Catalina 15.4 and then updated to 15.5. As far as I can tell, everything is still working.

I needed the SSDT-EC patch to get the update to install and boot. I also ran into errors as the install continued. I simply hit restart and continued selecting the install drive in Clover as if no errors had happened. The installs eventually were successful despite the errors.

I tested Sidecar and it works using a wired connection, though I couldn't figure out how to make it work wireless.
I still haven't tackled audio. Will post back when I do.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9380
CPU
Intel i5-8265u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
I was able to update to Catalina 15.4 and then updated to 15.5. As far as I can tell, everything is still working.

I needed the SSDT-EC patch to get the update to install and boot. I also ran into errors as the install continued. I simply hit restart and continued selecting the install drive in Clover as if no errors had happened. The installs eventually were successful despite the errors.

I tested Sidecar and it works using a wired connection, though I couldn't figure out how to make it work wireless.
I still haven't tackled audio. Will post back when I do.

That is awesome! Would you be willing to share your EFI? I have the same specs and can tweak as needed. Thanks!

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9700 (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1980x1200
Sure. I think I did earlier in the thread, but here's another copy that's hopefully organized a bit better. I installed my kexts in the Library/Extensions folder but you should be able to leave them in the Kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition.

Attachments

• Clover For Upload 2.zip
    6 MB · Views: 58
Motherboard
xps-9380
CPU
i7-8565u
Graphics
hd620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Status