Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9365 2 in 1
CPU
i7-7Y75
Graphics
HD615, 1920 x 1080
Hello Y'all, I am trying to install Big Sur on a Dell XPS 13 9365 and am running into an issue setting the CFG Lock. I've followed the dortania guide for the install (and this guide loosely). I am able to get to the installer just fine.

I am following the dreamwhite guide (I have attached the BIOS dump) and when I run "setup_var 0x3C" it returns "offset 0x3c is: 0x00" which should be unlocked (same for setup_var2 and setup_var_3). running "setup_var 0x3C 0x00" or even "0x01" it returns "can't set variable using efi (error: 0x000000000000001a)" and I haven't been able to find much under that error.
CFGLock.efi did not work and VerifyMsrE2.efi returns locked.

Is there something I missed here? Or is the BIOS locked and I would have to use a patched BIOS or some other workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Dell XPS 13 9365 BIOS 2.13.0 Dump.txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 477
Last edited:
Hello Y'all, I am trying to install Big Sur on a Dell XPS 13 9365 and am running into an issue setting the CFG Lock. I've followed the dortania guide for the install (and this guide loosely). I am able to get to the installer just fine.

I am following the dreamwhite guide (I have attached the BIOS dump) and when I run "setup_var 0x3C" it returns "offset 0x3c is: 0x00" which should be unlocked (same for setup_var2 and setup_var_3). running "setup_var 0x3C 0x00" or even "0x01" it returns "can't set variable using efi (error: 0x000000000000001a)" and I haven't been able to find much under that error.

Is there something I missed here? Or is the BIOS locked and I would have to use a patched BIOS or some other workaround?

Thanks in advance.
jbhul you can set AppleXcpmCfgLock to True in config.plist Kernel quirks. on my system it didn't make any difference it still booted up just fine if it was true or false.but might be worth looking at.

Thanks in advance.
Hi jbhul,

I have completely the same laptop as you and I face the same issue as you described. I spent quite a lot of time to find a solution without luck. Did you succeed? if so, can you please help me a bit? Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks,
Imre

Thanks a lot! finally I could succeed it. I could disable both that you mentioned. However spending already months with this whole "project" I still could not pass the 1st installation boot. I got kernel panic that I could not resolve. I tried tooooo many things, several times from the very beginning. I don't want to give it up. Can you please help me a bit how you could do it? I also followed the same guide as you mentioned without luck. I am sure I do a mistake somewhere :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back