Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 9343 (new at 2015 CES) - hackintosh possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm considering picking up the new Dell XPS 13 that was introduced at the 2015 CES show. I'm completely new to hackintoshing-- do you think it would be possible?

link to dell.com

specs:
Processor
5th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-5010U Processor (3M Cache, 2.10 GHz)
Choose Options

Memory2
4GB Dual Channel DDR3L-RS 1600Mhz (On Board)

Hard Drive3
128GB Solid State Drive

Video Card4
Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500

Display
13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) infinity display

Wireless
802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 2x2

J7W3P54.jpg

I'm considering picking up the new Dell XPS 13 that was introduced at the 2015 CES show. I'm completely new to hackintoshing-- do you think it would be possible?

link to dell.com

specs:

J7W3P54.jpg

There is no 5th gen support in OS X. Maybe if/when the new rumored 12" MacBookAir appears...

Hi all,

This is one of the first threads on google for "dell xps 13 9343 hackintosh".

Now that 10.10.3 is out, has anyone tried (and succeeded!) to get this running as a hackintosh?

I'm quite keen to pick one up, but only with Mac OS X!

:D

Hi all,

This is one of the first threads on google for "dell xps 13 9343 hackintosh".

Now that 10.10.3 is out, has anyone tried (and succeeded!) to get this running as a hackintosh?

I'm quite keen to pick one up, but only with Mac OS X!

:D

In the older Dell XPS 13 thread, (not 9343) it was said that almost everything should work out of the box in the new model (9343), after Broadwell support is released (which is now). Someone simply needs to try it out now. I am also waiting for someone to try and hackintosh a Broadwell laptop before I purchase one as well.

In the older Dell XPS 13 thread, (not 9343) it was said that almost everything should work out of the box in the new model (9343), after Broadwell support is released (which is now).
No, it wasn't.

Someone simply needs to try it out now.
That much I agree with. Just don't want anyone to get into this with unrealistic expectations.

No, it wasn't.

This is what the-darkvoid said in the other thread.

I came across the hardware information for the new Dell XPS 13 9343 (2015 model).

https://gist.github.com/semenko/60015029e13c1de65ff6

Interesting is that the WiFi/BT has been replaced with the Dell DW1560 (4352/20702) NGFF M.2 card!
This card should work out of the box for WiFi (with kext enabler) and for Bluetooth (with BrcmPatchRAM).

The guide still looks applicable for the new 9343 model (When using audio and trackpad in HDA / PS2 mode through DSDT). So that is good news for new buyers following this guide.

Usually almost everything works, but wifi needs to be replaced. In this case, its looking like wifi would work as well. That is what I meant. (after patches and such)

This is what the-darkvoid said in the other thread.

There is still the task to determine how to make Broadwell graphics work on a hack. Anything new is non-trivial.

Anyways the new Multibeast 7.3 is out now so we should be able to run Mac OSX Yosemite now without many issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back