CPU
i5-13500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have been using my Dell XPS 13 9333 laptop for about a year with Clover and various Mac OSX versions, without many issues.
I am on Mojave 10.14.4, and 'mostly' everything is working well, except the headphones socket, when I plug headphones it I just get lots of noise and static, I can hear laptop sounds though the headphones, but with this added 'noise' and 'static'.
I read older posts on this topic, which I tried, but with no change. It's ALC688, Layout ID 3. Any easy fix please?
I have attached bug report logs.
Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_15994.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
For those facing the same issue, I found the fix.
I removed AppleHDA_ALC668.kext (a rouge kext not doing anything), then tried alternative layout ID's and found that ID 27 was the winner
:)

I now have a working headphone socket.

For those facing the same issue, I found the fix.
I removed AppleHDA_ALC668.kext (a rouge kext not doing anything), then tried alternative layout ID's and found that ID 27 was the winner
:)

I now have a working headphone socket.

Hi, I have your same laptop (DELL XPS 13 9333) and the same problem with my headphones but I can't solve it, even with Catilina the problem remains. I find nowhere the kext you say to remove. Even when using Layaout 27 the noise persists. With Mojave closing the screen the noise (strangely) disappeared but now it didn't. How can I solve it?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back