Hi,
I am trying to create a hackintosh for the first time on
Dell XPS 13 9343
i7-5500
bios is A7 11/11/2015
smbios 2.8
hardware abstract layer 6.1.7601.17514
installing El Captain

I have read the guides that you have provided on this site and am now very confused :crazy:

I keep getting panic code that states graphic driver. I know I have to increase the DVMT to 96MB but I am unable to open and edit the bios.

View attachment 186349

I have downloaded the bios exe from dell and have tried cbrom, cbrom_155, both versions of mmtool, I have even tried downloading and installing a Phoenix Bios editor, and cannot extract the bios. I have also tried winrar and 7zip as well but they will not extract it either. I was going to try the universal extractor but the site gets flagged for maleware before even loading.

I have changed the Bios file extension from exe to rom and hdr but no tools will open it up.

cbrom only gives me the option to hit any key to page down, and if I try cmd line running it with the extract command it fails
mmtool just gives me a error loading firmware image 80000001h error

Before I pull all my hair out I wanted to know if there is a copy of the updated/edited bios for this model I could just download? Or is there step by step tutorial for the extraction tools somewhere? I really want to learn to do this but am on a time constraint as this is for someone at work.

Thank You in advanced for any and all help.

Something is wrong with your Clover setup. AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext should not be loading for Broadwell hardware (it is for Sandy Bridge).

It is likely your config.plist has some very incorrect settings.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Hi,
I am trying to create a hackintosh for the first time on
Dell XPS 13 9343
i7-5500
bios is A7 11/11/2015
smbios 2.8
hardware abstract layer 6.1.7601.17514
installing El Captain

I have read the guides that you have provided on this site and am now very confused :crazy:

I keep getting panic code that states graphic driver. I know I have to increase the DVMT to 96MB but I am unable to open and edit the bios.

View attachment 186349

I have downloaded the bios exe from dell and have tried cbrom, cbrom_155, both versions of mmtool, I have even tried downloading and installing a Phoenix Bios editor, and cannot extract the bios. I have also tried winrar and 7zip as well but they will not extract it either. I was going to try the universal extractor but the site gets flagged for maleware before even loading.

I have changed the Bios file extension from exe to rom and hdr but no tools will open it up.

cbrom only gives me the option to hit any key to page down, and if I try cmd line running it with the extract command it fails
mmtool just gives me a error loading firmware image 80000001h error

Before I pull all my hair out I wanted to know if there is a copy of the updated/edited bios for this model I could just download? Or is there step by step tutorial for the extraction tools somewhere? I really want to learn to do this but am on a time constraint as this is for someone at work.

Thank You in advanced for any and all help.

Save youself the headache. Here is what needs to be changed for A07 BIOS:

Video memory BIOS change:

Code:
setup_var 0x183 0x3
setup_var 0x184 0x3
Reboot the machine into UEFI Shell and the commands
Code:
setup_var 0x183
setup_var 0x184
reported them both 0x3 (both reported 0x1 before the change).

Good luck!

OK
1 I am not able to change video via the shell. It keeps giving me does not recognize (or something) error

2. Redid the usb install and this time did not inject the intel drivers and was able to do the install and open multibeast to start doing drivers and what not.

3. I have tried doing some of the drivers that are listed in the list but on reboot i could not type or use mousepad/ external mouse/keyboard

So my question is...how do I get the kexts and the fakes and the drivers I see you say to install actually saved and installed.

Note: i have to do everything on a pc and not mac then hand it to friend with mac to get anything on the bootable usb.

sorry if i am asking noob questions, but this is the first time i have tried this and I really want to understand the whole process. So I can do it on other pcs without asking whole lot of questions in the future.

Thank You

OK
1 I am not able to change video via the shell. It keeps giving me does not recognize (or something) error

2. Redid the usb install and this time did not inject the intel drivers and was able to do the install and open multibeast to start doing drivers and what not.

3. I have tried doing some of the drivers that are listed in the list but on reboot i could not type or use mousepad/ external mouse/keyboard

So my question is...how do I get the kexts and the fakes and the drivers I see you say to install actually saved and installed.

Note: i have to do everything on a pc and not mac then hand it to friend with mac to get anything on the bootable usb.

sorry if i am asking noob questions, but this is the first time i have tried this and I really want to understand the whole process. So I can do it on other pcs without asking whole lot of questions in the future.

Thank You

If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...n-beta-dell-xps-13-9343-early-2015-model.html

There's a lot of information there which should help you.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...n-beta-dell-xps-13-9343-early-2015-model.html

There's a lot of information there which should help you.

Ok I need a tool that will allow me to extract the dell bios .exe file. I am unable to open it in any tool. I am trying to do this on a windows machine running windows 10. The bios is for a xps 13 9343. Nothing I try will allow me to further extract it. The download was not a zip file but a straight out exe file.

okay an update,

I can get the laptop to boot but no keyboard function from laptop kb or combo usb kb/mouse
If I launch the hard drive install with usb bootable I can at least use the combo.

Last edited:
Bumping this, I'm on 2016 XPS hardware, the "Developer Edition" preloaded with an Ubuntu build. Currently however running Windows 10. I'm intrested in swiching to OSX as primary OS. Think that you guys run similar hardware as me, have you gotten stock Wifi/bluetooth to work? Been trying to find an up to date "guide" or list with kexts that have been working for others. Appreciate any help here!

Bumping this, I'm on 2016 XPS hardware, the "Developer Edition" preloaded with an Ubuntu build. Currently however running Windows 10. I'm intrested in swiching to OSX as primary OS. Think that you guys run similar hardware as me, have you gotten stock Wifi/bluetooth to work? Been trying to find an up to date "guide" or list with kexts that have been working for others. Appreciate any help here!

It sounds like you haven't read the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi, I know this thread havent been used in a long time. but i need help
I have the same laptop as all of you but I cant boot the installer
I am getting this problem with the usb and do not know what to do
I used this tutorial:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-xps-13-9343-sierra.206399/
IMG_20161116_183132.jpg

Thank You in Advance

Hi, I know this thread havent been used in a long time. but i need help
I have the same laptop as all of you but I cant boot the installer
I am getting this problem with the usb and do not know what to do
I used this tutorial:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-xps-13-9343-sierra.206399/
IMG_20161116_183132.jpg

Thank You in Advance

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Keep in mind you cannot boot with Intel inject until you patch IOKit. Further details in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back