Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a reinstall during the weekend with the following notes:

1. Used the EFI and kexts files from post #87
2. Injected Intel, things seems to be OK.
3. Graphics seems OK with occasional freeze. Wifi worked but BT did not
4. Installed with Kext Utilities BrcmPatchRam, FakePCIID and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2, Bluetooth got work.
5. Removed the installed bcm4352 and bcm4352bt, no problem
6. Removed GenericUSBXHCI, no problem
7. Moved VoodooPS2Controller from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to /S/L/E, no problem
8. Moved FakeSMC from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to /S/L/E, panic at boot. Reverted it back.

Two major problems remain, GPU seems freeze randomly, somewhere from 5 minutes to several hours after boot. Replaced with FakeSMC 5.3.820, seems not much better. Camera is detected but does not work.

Screen freeze is the major problem. I am considering to try El Captain beta as the freeze was reported fixed with it.

Did a reinstall during the weekend with the following notes:

1. Used the EFI and kexts files from post #87
2. Injected Intel, things seems to be OK.
3. Graphics seems OK with occasional freeze. Wifi worked but BT did not
4. Installed with Kext Utilities BrcmPatchRam, FakePCIID and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2, Bluetooth got work.
5. Removed the installed bcm4352 and bcm4352bt, no problem
6. Removed GenericUSBXHCI, no problem
7. Moved VoodooPS2Controller from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to /S/L/E, no problem
8. Moved FakeSMC from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to /S/L/E, panic at boot. Reverted it back.

Two major problems remain, GPU seems freeze randomly, somewhere from 5 minutes to several hours after boot. Replaced with FakeSMC 5.3.820, seems not much better. Camera is detected but does not work.

Screen freeze is the major problem. I am considering to try El Captain beta as the freeze was reported fixed with it.

Don't install FakeSMC plugins.

Rehabman, I also tried to patch the DSDT but found there are over 100 syntax errors, most notably the LINK* objects not exist. Aare there any patches for these errors.

Also there is a GitHub repo for Dell 9333 patches, how to make it a repo usable by MaciASL?

Forget to mention that I removed all plugins of FakeSMC, same freeze problem.

Freeze problem is different from KP (you mentioned a KP):

Freeze problem is a graphics issue, not FakeSMC issue.

Reports are that 10.11 fixes the freeze issue...

KP was caused when I tried to move FakeSMC from Clover injected kexts to /S/L/E.

I realize that.

Make sure you don't have the plugins present (currently, CPUSensors.kext is bad news for Broadwell).

Make sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache.

Keep in mind that by placing FakeSMC.kext in the /S/L/E (and thus in kernel cache), no kexts will be injected from Clover/kexts, provided config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

Note: config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Yes with FakeSMC.kext installed to /S/L/E is an invalid configuration.

Forget to mention that I removed all plugins of FakeSMC, same freeze problem.

Have you tried disabling C-States in BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back