Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should really read through this whole thread and find what everyone else has done to make it work.

I have followed most of the information provided in this thread and was able to get it working, as rehabman suggested, why would you try a different way when this way has been shown to work.

Rehabman, do you know why the system isn't reporting the model identifier as I have it set in SMBIOS via clover configurator? and why the cpu shows as unknown?

EDIT: Also if everyone is using the EFI folder then everyone here is basically using the same serial, which is NOT good for imessage. I have tried to follow the info on making the serial for the Broadwell SMBios but there is no info specific to the MacBookAir7,1 or 7,2 identifier, only for the MacbookPro. I have found bios version and board id for both MacBookAir7,1 and 7,2 but I feel like its the serial that is causing it to not report the model identifier correctly and possibly the cpu model also.

View attachment 142412
View attachment 142413
View attachment 142414

Just a guess... probably the serial# is does not line up with the Mac model you're using.

(the last 4 digits [going from memory] of the serial# must be correlated to the SMBIOS model).

Yes I checked this as well. The serial number that was used in the EFI was from a real MacBook Air 13" 2015 model. The serial shows up in apple as still under warranty.

I changed the middle 5 digits kept the last 4 and the first three like was suggested on the broadwell SMBios thread for the Macbook Pro.

I have tried MacbookAir7,1 and 7,2 with matching numbers on the same serial and neither change the CPU type or fix the model identifier in system profiler

Yes I checked this as well. The serial number that was used in the EFI was from a real MacBook Air 13" 2015 model. The serial shows up in apple as still under warranty.

I changed the middle 5 digits kept the last 4 and the first three like was suggested on the broadwell SMBios thread for the Macbook Pro.

I have tried MacbookAir7,1 and 7,2 with matching numbers on the same serial and neither change the CPU type or fix the model identifier in system profiler

It is probably something else then (Clover issue?).

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Ok will do in a bit.

Having some strange audio issues with both pc and mac side. Seems that sometimes when switching the audio fails and only fix seems to be disabling audio in bios, then exit, then renter bios and turn back on, then it works again in both win and mac.

Got HDMI audio out and everything else working fine in Windows, aside from the issue above with the audio sometimes dropping out (maybe I need to swap it out w dell as the driver shows as having in error in device manager and ive tried deleting driver/reinstalling many times).

Unfortunately though I cannot get HDMI audio out of the mac side. Not sure if this has anything to do with the bdw patch and not doing the DVMT mod but no matter what I select in audio output via sys prefs and vlc, no audio will output over DP->HDMI in mac. Like I said it works in Windows so I know its not the cable.

Tried VoodooSDHC for the SD card reader but no luck. So in mac I basically have everything working now aside from SD, webcam, and audio over HDMI

Ok will do in a bit.

Having some strange audio issues with both pc and mac side. Seems that sometimes when switching the audio fails and only fix seems to be disabling audio in bios, then exit, then renter bios and turn back on, then it works again in both win and mac.

Which audio chip do you have? What do you mean by "switching the audio"?

Unfortunately though I cannot get HDMI audio out of the mac side. Not sure if this has anything to do with the bdw patch and not doing the DVMT mod but no matter what I select in audio output via sys prefs and vlc, no audio will output over DP->HDMI in mac. Like I said it works in Windows so I know its not the cable.

Pretty sure HDMI-audio is similar on Broadwell as Haswell...

HDMI-audio on Haswell has several requirements:
- the device at address 0x00030000, usually called B0D3, must be renamed to HDAU
- the resulting HDAU device must be recognized by AppleHDAController (config.plist patches required if not natively recognized... or you can use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext)
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU and HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

Which audio chip do you have? What do you mean by "switching the audio"?

Its the realtek alc3263. What I meant by switching was switching from windows to mac and back. Seems that occasionally doing this makes the audio device break in both win and mac. The fix I found was like I said before about disabling in bios.

Will do when I'm back on it, did try resetHDA already and that seems to make it better at being reliable but still sometimes the speakers don't show

Hi guys,

i am a bit frustrated because my system won’t do the installation. Here is my way i've done it.

1. Read the hole Guide from RehabMan
  2. make my USB Stick (Clover UEFI, Legacy don’t work any way) with the Clover Bootloader and the OS X Partition
    1. For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:
      - select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
      - select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
      - check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
      - check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
      - check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI
  3. downloaded the attachment from Tw1ser (Clover.zip)
  4. delete the EFI/Clover on my USB Stick
  5. extract the folder EFI/Clover/from Tw1ser (Clover.zip) and copy it on my USB Stick
  6. remove the config.plist
  7. copy „config_HD5000_5100_5200.plist“ from "https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clo...ive/master.zip"
  8. then renamed config_HD5000_5100_5200.plist in config.plist
  9. copy HFSPlus.efi in the folder /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI
  10. removed EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
  11. after booting in verbose mode the system hang up after a wile.
i take a picture for u maybe u see what i have done wrong
View attachment 142411

Hey, I think you're doing everything fine, but I suggest trying NOT removing that config.plist that I had. For some reason I couldn't boot at all with HD5000/HD5500 version of .plist no matter what settings I had tried. Try everything as you've done from the start, except don't do steps 6,7,8,9 and you can also replace the entire EFI folder and not just Clover. For step 10, I didn't have those folders, it was just Others that was left in there so double check you're replacing with a correct folder.

I've had that same hiccup/error as you did, you just gotta keep reading and trying things out for yourself haha.

tried to update to 10.10.4 and graphics seem to cause KP. Tried the iokit patch and it doesn't seem to work. If i inject intel then it panics and if i turn it off it boots up. Might be about time to modify the dvmt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back