Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell XPS 13" 2015 with i7 and Intel HD 5500 UHD (3,200x1,800) touchscreen, and I have everything running fine, except for:

- Trackpad freezes every now and then. Often with Safari, and some System Preferences. Weirdly, it resumes working if I put to sleep and wake up again.
- No Webcam at all. In System Info I have no camera, and nothing under USB.
- No card reader
- No touchscreen

My system info is attached:

View attachment 140237
My CLOVER folder is: View attachment 140238

Update. I enabled USB 3.0 support in BIOS, and disabled Intel Virtualization Technology.

Now both Bluetooth and the Webcam are working, tested in Skype too.

I only need the card reader for hardware, and fix the occasional freeze.

My CLOVER folder is still the same as the previous post, I only changed settings in BIOS.

grab.png

Nice workaround you found there, but doesn't Parallels Virtualization and the likes suffer a pretty big performance hit from the now-disabled Virtualization Support?

I'm wondering if anyone solved wake from sleep? I have everything working except the wake from sleep when the lid is closed doesnt work.

I can hear system noises but the screen doesnt turn on.

I'm wondering if anyone solved wake from sleep? I have everything working except the wake from sleep when the lid is closed doesnt work.

I can hear system noises but the screen doesnt turn on.

Did you implement backlight control?

Did you implement backlight control?

Hey there, I saw the guide to implement backlight control. Which DSDT patch should I use? The Haswell one?

Hey there, I saw the guide to implement backlight control. Which DSDT patch should I use? The Haswell one?

Yes,... So far, it appears to work for Broadwell too.

Hi, a newbie question.
Following the guide and the discussion, I was able to install OSX on the XPS 2015 i7 8GB with Infinity display.
Anyway I've a last step that I need to complete in order to allow the graphics to run properly.

At point 6 of guide is written:

6. after it boot back up without USB then I install wifi kext first make sure that I have an internet access before I continue. Without the internet access the IOKit patch won't work.

In order to enable the wifi I was thinking that was enough to install the wifi kext bcm4352.kext from the kext.zip package downloaded from the same post . I've used the Kext Wizard to do so but I still have not the Wifi even after reboot. I tried to install again with no luck. Since the bluetooth was working properly (I've installed the bluetooth kext), I tried to use the thethering link with the mobile phone in order to have internet access and complete the patch. However the internet via bluetooth is quite slow and anyway I have to solve the wifi problem.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your kind help.

Hi, a newbie question.
Following the guide and the discussion, I was able to install OSX on the XPS 2015 i7 8GB with Infinity display.
Anyway I've a last step that I need to complete in order to allow the graphics to run properly.

6. after it boot back up without USB then I install wifi kext first make sure that I have an internet access before I continue. Without the internet access the IOKit patch won't work.

In order to enable the wifi I was thinking that was enough to install the wifi kext bcm4352.kext from the kext.zip package downloaded from the same post . I've used the Kext Wizard to do so but I still have not the Wifi even after reboot. I tried to install again with no luck. Since the bluetooth was working properly (I've installed the bluetooth kext), I tried to use the thethering link with the mobile phone in order to have internet access and complete the patch. However the internet via bluetooth is quite slow and anyway I have to solve the wifi problem.
What am I doing wrong?

Umm.. That's exactly what I did, Bluetooth works wifi should work too. You might want to try again delete bcm4352.kext and use Kext wizard repair permissions and rebuilt cache, reboot and reinstall bcm4352 kext again. It should work fine I'va reinstall Yosemite many times and wifi works

Hi, a newbie question.

What am I doing wrong?

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Hey guys,

The initial setup completes fine and I am able to complete the profile creation wizard. However, after my first reboot, I am stuck after entering my account password. All I see is the spinning wheel. Tried safe mode but no luck. I tried installing a single kext or all kexts right after the profile creation wizard, but no matter what I try, I am unable to sign in after the first reboot. Has anyone encountered this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back