Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System/Laptop make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
I7-4690K
Graphics
HD 7790
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I Been On this laptop for few months now trying to get everything working so far so far I gut no where a lot of people talking about they gut it install I have really not seen any progress so far .., so if any one could help it be great other thread that is out now they are talking about other then just dell so on so I am trying to see where we could get to with this .. thanks in advance ..

Here is My Dell Info

Dell XPS 13 9343

5th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.70 GHz)

- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L-RS 1600Mhz (On Board)

- 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) infinity display (non-touch, matte screen)

- Internal US/English Backlit Keyboard - 128GB Solid State Drive

- DW 1560 + BT4.0 [802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 2x2]

I Been On this laptop for few months now trying to get everything working so far so far I gut no where a lot of people talking about they gut it install I have really not seen any progress so far .., so if any one could help it be great other thread that is out now they are talking about other then just dell so on so I am trying to see where we could get to with this .. thanks in advance ..

Here is My Dell Info

Dell XPS 13 9343

5th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.70 GHz)

- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L-RS 1600Mhz (On Board)

- 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) infinity display (non-touch, matte screen)

- Internal US/English Backlit Keyboard - 128GB Solid State Drive

- DW 1560 + BT4.0 [802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 2x2]

Use Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Also, you will find many of the stickies here useful: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

--

See here for early Broadwell work:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...hd-graphics-5500-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3-a.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/161591-intel-hd-graphics-5500-need-some-help.html

when u go to bios backup for the graphics it does not show any setup on bios backup like it show on on the help guide any idea ..

when u go to bios backup for the graphics it does not show any setup on bios backup like it show on on the help guide any idea ..

It may be called SetupUtility or something else...

Also, your BIOS may have an option to change DMVT-prealloc directly. Did you check?

yes I check that new version don't have that option..

what other name could be called because I been looking in the rom there noting I have found anything with it in it a lot of time spend it on it also I would love to get this thing up running .....it be great also want to setup guide for the other people it be great a lot of people rally waiting on this ...........lol

what other name could be called because I been looking in the rom there noting I have found anything with it in it a lot of time spend it on it also I would love to get this thing up running .....it be great also want to setup guide for the other people it be great a lot of people rally waiting on this ...........lol

It is hard to find with the UEFI tool as there is no way to search. You have to look through each module carefully and use your intuition/common sense. It is easy to look to quickly and miss it.

It is also possible yours is already set large enough. If the default is 64mb, it is large enough for 1080p.

When u go to advance in the windows 8.1 it says 0 reserved but when u go to bio setup there is a log that shows that its 64mb it dont no if that may be enough.. but i been trying to load with clover i get up i can pass no were i been doing a lot of laptop this is the bad as one i gut into .. that i never succeeded at ..

When u go to advance in the windows 8.1 it says 0 reserved but when u go to bio setup there is a log that shows that its 64mb it dont no if that may be enough.. but i been trying to load with clover i get up i can pass no were i been doing a lot of laptop this is the bad as one i gut into .. that i never succeeded at ..

You should give it a try and see what happens.

witch clover v. u think i should try out with i all ready try with the new one no lock but i am going to try with usb 2.0 this time see what happen .. i am going to try to now let u no thanks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back