Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!
View attachment 178118
My graphics are now fixed after patching IOKit and then setting inject intel = true.
My problem with booting earlier was due to me being a fool and trying to change my config.plist again on both my usb drive installer and clover on my hdd. Its fixed now by replacing the backup on my usb.

However my touch screen and audio controls are gone LOL. I extracted a new copy of DSDT and did the general patches, saved as aml and placed in ACPI/patched rebooted but no luck with that.

Does the laptop patch called dell xps 13 work fix any settings and does it work for all variants of xps 13's?

Here is my IOreg and Clover with the origin files and patched
View attachment 178119
View attachment 178120

Is the touchscreen connected via USB? (it is very common). Because you don't have any USB fixes....

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Also, your ioreg shows you're running 10.11.3. Why are you posting in the Yosemite forum?

Audio appears to be only partially implemented. Did you boot without caches and rebuild cache? It is pretty much required when you lose audio if you're using an AppleHDA injector (so called "dummy HDA").

No idea what you mean by "laptop patch called dell xps 13"...

Thanks for all the help Rehabman. I have finally got almost everything working. All thats left is webcam and sd card.

Appologies for posting in yosemite forum i found this thread from a forum in el captain.

Thanks for all the help Rehabman. I have finally got almost everything working. All thats left is webcam and sd card.

Appologies for posting in yosemite forum i found this thread from a forum in el captain.

Card reader will not work as it's not supported in OSX. I use a USB card reader.

Does anyone know if its possible to configure the touch screen to work with multi finger support since its supported up to 10 finger tracking on windows?

Would it also be possible to enable gesture recognition so when you swipe down the screen it scrolls instead of the selection cursor?

Thank You so much! I reinstalled everything today and I used your advice and now it works fine(I hope). The only thing I need to figure out is the webcam and that would be it. HOWEVER, I didn't find any settings for DVMT, in Windows 8.1 it said that it's at 0, when I installed Windows 10 preview it said it was at 128MB so I hoped for the best that I didn't need to change anything about it. I also tried using your config.plist made for HD5500 but I couldn't get to work at all so I gave up and went ahead with the EFI from the guide on page 10.

Tips for future installers:

0. READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD before doing anything, it took me about 18 hours of figuring this all out and experimenting with different things

0a. Use Verbose to figure if something is wrong

1. I'll upload EFI folder from my USB which I used to install OS (Use the guides posted previously). Double make sure that Injection of Intel is set to false in config.plist inside the EFI folder

1a
. Turn off generation of C States from BIOS (I think so that way the Safari wont freeze later on)

Put Clover Installation file on your installation USB so you could use it afterwards to install the bootloader

Installing will take some time (30+ min for Phase 1 and 25+ min for Phase 2)

After being done installing the OS and completing the installation wizard, use Clover (AS GUIDED) to install bootloader on HDD(or in our case SSD) and after it's done installing it will mount EFI partition that is where you go and replace the EFI folder with the one that you have on your USB. I also included the kexts which you should also put in the EFI folder you've replaced.

Turn off the computer and eject the USB drive and try booting from HDD and pray that it'll work

5a.
Booting after installation and after doing the install wizard WILL TAKE A LONG TIME, so you just need to wait for it to fully boot

After booting from HDD, make sure your WiFi works (it should after you put the kexts files) then from your laggy laptop go HERE and copy, paste first 3 lines into the terminal and press enter, it'll ask for your password which you created for your account... Then copy paste the last two lines, it'll ask if you want to install this or that, just press install and wait until it's finished

After ^ that is done you go ahead and download Clover Configurator, mount EFI and then import the config.plist from your HDD's EFI partition, then you go to Graphics and check "Inject Intel", then you save that .plist file and you should be able to reboot with your graphics working

FILES:

View attachment 142238 (from installation USB)
View attachment 142239

Hopefully someone will be guided towards a right direction and will write a nice and easy to follow guide for this machine :) and hopefully I didn't say anything wrong and some PROs will fix my mistakes that I wrote on here

Hello, i am new, i have a dell XPS13 2015.

Can I follow this guide and after yours :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

unibeast use clover ? i have to modifie files with on usb (generetared by unibeast) ?

Hello, i am new, i have a dell XPS13 2015.

Can I follow this guide and after yours :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

unibeast use clover ? i have to modifie files with on usb (generetared by unibeast) ?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Dell xps 13
cpu: Intel i7 6500u
hd : Intel hd 520 3200x1800

Hi,
I am trying to create a hackintosh for the first time on
Dell XPS 13 9343
i7-5500
bios is A7 11/11/2015
smbios 2.8
hardware abstract layer 6.1.7601.17514
installing El Captain

I have read the guides that you have provided on this site and am now very confused :crazy:

I keep getting panic code that states graphic driver. I know I have to increase the DVMT to 96MB but I am unable to open and edit the bios.

IMG_1057.jpg

I have downloaded the bios exe from dell and have tried cbrom, cbrom_155, both versions of mmtool, I have even tried downloading and installing a Phoenix Bios editor, and cannot extract the bios. I have also tried winrar and 7zip as well but they will not extract it either. I was going to try the universal extractor but the site gets flagged for maleware before even loading.

I have changed the Bios file extension from exe to rom and hdr but no tools will open it up.

cbrom only gives me the option to hit any key to page down, and if I try cmd line running it with the extract command it fails
mmtool just gives me a error loading firmware image 80000001h error

Before I pull all my hair out I wanted to know if there is a copy of the updated/edited bios for this model I could just download? Or is there step by step tutorial for the extraction tools somewhere? I really want to learn to do this but am on a time constraint as this is for someone at work.

Thank You in advanced for any and all help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back