Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 2016 (9350)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would still need CodecCommander to fix some issues- sleep, headphones.
In the README, insanelydeepak says you have three options. I chose patching. I did not try the others.
Make sure it is layout-id 13.
You need to install cloverHDA in /S*/L*/E*. Then you need to do the peculiar HDA stuff:
1. clover booth without caches;
2. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u/

There are also config.plist HDA entries you need to add. It is also in the github site..
See the config-cloverHDA.plist file. It is part of the download.

I put an issue on the tracker as I cannot get it working, hopefully it's just a small issue that's causing this :)
https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/issues/2

Made quite a bit of progress using information found all over the place!
Note that this is all 10.12 specific, everything should install fine if booted using the attached Clover directory!

KEXTs:
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelBacklight.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

All KEXTs are entirely vanilla and the latest versions!

Patches:
DSDT:
[syn] Rename _DSM methods to XDSM (do this first)
[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
[sys] RTC Fix
[sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8)
[sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
[igpu] Brightness fix
HDAS -> HDEF (use find and replace)
[audio] Audio Layout 3 (applied after HDAS has been replaced with HDEF)
[sys] IRQ Fix
[sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2

SSDT-1:
[gfx0] Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)

SSDT-1 - SSDT-14:
[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-19:
Source

What Works:
Battery Indicator
Display Brightness
Graphics with Intel HD520 acceleration (some graphical artifacts as noted in the Common Issues thread, unsure if this can be solved, also using Boot Graphics Glitch Patch from here)
Keyboard
Power Management (following DSDT and SSDT patches here)
Toshiba NVMe SSD (using Clover and all config.plist patches aside from InfoPlistPatch, does not work when a patched KEXT is created however...)
Touchpad (basic operations, jumpy sometimes)
Webcam

What Doesn't Work:
Audio (cannot work this out to save my life!)
Bluetooth (stock chipset, unsupported?)
Brightness Keys
Volume Keys
USB-C (charging via USB-C works, everything else does not, tested HDMI adapter + USB keys)
Wireless (stock chipset, unsupported?)

hi.use my file .
Audio OK
Brightness keys ok use shift+f3\f4.note:fn+esc change F1--F12 function...brightness value can't save .
Wireless + Bt use bcm94352zae. ok

glitches on the menu bar with HD520.

DSDT
1."Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
3.IRQ Fix"
4."RTC Fix"
5."OS Check Fix" windows7
6.shutdown fix 2
7."Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
8."Fix PNOT/PPNT"
9."SMBUS Fix"
10.Brightness fix
11.HPET fix
12.USB3_PRW 0x6D
13.Rename _DSM to XDSM
14.Skylake LPC

Attachments

• 9350.zip
    3 MB · Views: 130
hi.use my file .
DSDT
1."Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
3.IRQ Fix"
4."RTC Fix"
6.shutdown fix 2
8."Fix PNOT/PPNT"
9."SMBUS Fix"
10.Brightness fix
11.HPET fix
12.USB3_PRW 0x6D
13.Rename _DSM to XDSM
14.Skylake LPC

Could you explain why you applied each patch? It differs from other users...

Use the attached CLOVER folder, I just did a fresh install using it :)

Max, I still can't get the installer to see my drive. At this point i think it might be something trivial. I noticed using your DSDT/SSDT that i would get a KP. So, i stopped using them. Then I upgraded my BIOS and used them and that seemed to resolve the KP. I tried your zip with both ACHI and RAID ON in the setup with no success. I might try and format the drive completely.

Maybe i need to patch the DSDT myself. I pulled the ACPI files out already, but I get 3 compiler errors afterwards in my DSDT. an EoF error, an unexpected {, and a PARSE_ZERO.

Max, I still can't get the installer to see my drive. At this point i think it might be something trivial. I noticed using your DSDT/SSDT that i would get a KP. So, i stopped using them. Then I upgraded my BIOS and used them and that seemed to resolve the KP. I tried your zip with both ACHI and RAID ON in the setup with no success. I might try and format the drive completely.

Maybe i need to patch the DSDT myself. I pulled the ACPI files out already, but I get 3 compiler errors afterwards in my DSDT. an EoF error, an unexpected {, and a PARSE_ZERO.

It is always a bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer. Patch your own. Guide is linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

It is always a bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer. Patch your own. Guide is linked from the FAQ.

I followed your guide. I looked at what bynce said to patch too.

DSDT
1."Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
3.IRQ Fix"
4."RTC Fix"
6.shutdown fix 2
8."Fix PNOT/PPNT"
9."SMBUS Fix"
10.Brightness fix
11.HPET fix
12.USB3_PRW 0x6D
13.Rename _DSM to XDSM
14.Skylake LPC

What can you do if there are 3 errors before you apply these patches and the same 3 after? I can't get to these files ATM but i'll attach them soon.

I followed your guide. I looked at what bynce said to patch too.

What can you do if there are 3 errors before you apply these patches and the same 3 after? I can't get to these files ATM but i'll attach them soon.

All errors should be resolved prior to applying functional patches.

Here the disassembled DSDT.aml that has as an error i can't get rid of. if you use [syn] fix ADBG error, you can get it from three errors to only one error. I'm under the impression once I apply my fixes to this file i save as a "ACPI Machine Language Binary" and place it in my clover/ACPI/patched

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Here the disassembled DSDT.aml that has as an error i can't get rid of. if you use [syn] fix ADBG error, you can get it from three errors to only one error. I'm under the impression once I apply my fixes to this file i save as a "ACPI Machine Language Binary" and place it in my clover/ACPI/patched

You should use refs.txt as per guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back