Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
GUIDE HERE

Hey All,
I've been reading through some El Capitan posts (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-xps-13-9350-cant-install.184597) and am attempting to install Sierra on my laptop (Dell XPS 13 Silver 6th Gen i5-6200U 256GB SSD 8 GB RAM).
My Clover directory is attached, I have updated every KEXT to the latest available version, updated all Clover files to the latest and removed any files and folders that seem unused (I want a clean base with only exactly what I need). I am using a conflig.plist found in the last few pages...
So far, the laptop boots fine to the installer (in SATA ON mode, AHCI causes a kernel panic) but my drive does not show, could someone maybe take a look? I'd love to help contribute a guide when I have it all working!

Thank you!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Hey All,
I've been reading through some El Capitan posts (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-xps-13-9350-cant-install.184597) and am attempting to install Sierra on my laptop (Dell XPS 13 Silver 6th Gen i5-6200U 256GB SSD 8 GB RAM).
My Clover directory is attached, I have updated every KEXT to the latest available version, updated all Clover files to the latest and removed any files and folders that seem unused (I want a clean base with only exactly what I need). I am using a conflig.plist found in the last few pages...
So far, the laptop boots fine to the installer (in SATA ON mode, AHCI causes a kernel panic) but my drive does not show, could someone maybe take a look? I'd love to help contribute a guide when I have it all working!

Thank you!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

If you have NVMe, don't forget to read about it in the FAQ.

Making good progress, will write a guide when I get it working!

Making good progress, will write a guide when I get it working!

Don't forget to fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ and guide.

Made quite a bit of progress using information found all over the place!
Note that this is all 10.12 specific, everything should install fine if booted using the attached Clover directory!

KEXTs:
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelBacklight.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

All KEXTs are entirely vanilla and the latest versions!

Patches:
DSDT:
[syn] Rename _DSM methods to XDSM (do this first)
[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
[sys] RTC Fix
[sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8)
[sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
[igpu] Brightness fix
HDAS -> HDEF (use find and replace)
[audio] Audio Layout 3 (applied after HDAS has been replaced with HDEF)
[sys] IRQ Fix
[sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2

SSDT-1:
[gfx0] Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)

SSDT-1 - SSDT-14:
[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-19:
Source

What Works:
Battery Indicator
Display Brightness
Graphics with Intel HD520 acceleration (some graphical artifacts as noted in the Common Issues thread, unsure if this can be solved, also using Boot Graphics Glitch Patch from here)
Keyboard
Power Management (following DSDT and SSDT patches here)
Toshiba NVMe SSD (using Clover and all config.plist patches aside from InfoPlistPatch, does not work when a patched KEXT is created however...)
Touchpad (basic operations, jumpy sometimes)
Webcam

What Doesn't Work:
Audio (cannot work this out to save my life!)
Bluetooth (stock chipset, unsupported?)
Brightness Keys
Volume Keys
USB-C (charging via USB-C works, everything else does not, tested HDMI adapter + USB keys)
Wireless (stock chipset, unsupported?)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 236
try:

https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12
follow his README guide.
he uses layout-id 13, instead of three

Some questions:
Do I still require CodecCommander? I have RehabMan's KEXT in the Clover KEXTs folder.
Do I need to patch both the DSDT audio layout and apply the audio layout in the Clover plist? At the moment I have only patched the DSDT.
Can I inject CloverHDA using Clover or must it be installed?

Thanks for the help, it's really appreciated :)

Hey Max, I've been trying to get this system running for a while now. How did you get the drive to show up? Starting with a fresh installer from unibest, no ACPI dumps/patches... Default bios settings.

Use the attached CLOVER folder, I just did a fresh install using it :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 229
Some questions:
Do I still require CodecCommander? I have RehabMan's KEXT in the Clover KEXTs folder.
Do I need to patch both the DSDT audio layout and apply the audio layout in the Clover plist? At the moment I have only patched the DSDT.
Can I inject CloverHDA using Clover or must it be installed?

Thanks for the help, it's really appreciated :)

You would still need CodecCommander to fix some issues- sleep, headphones.
In the README, insanelydeepak says you have three options. I chose patching. I did not try the others.
Make sure it is layout-id 13.
You need to install cloverHDA in /S*/L*/E*. Then you need to do the peculiar HDA stuff:
1. clover booth without caches;
2. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u/

There are also config.plist HDA entries you need to add. It is also in the github site..
See the config-cloverHDA.plist file. It is part of the download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back