Dell Vostro V5459 / Aptio AMI Bios
CPU
I5-6200U
Graphics
Intel HD 520 + GTX930M / 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
So I encountered very strange problem. I haven't using my Hackintosh laptop for a long time almost half of a year and when I want to boot it, it doesn't work.
Using -v I managed to read it's stuck at:
Code:
reloc block: yes hibernate wake: no

I remembered that I had trouble booting with charger so I tried without it, but I wasn't successful. I tried many different variations but always the same effect.

What happened since I last used hackintosh was huge Windows 10 update which broke Clover, but I managed to restore it just by making new boot option in UEFI by adding path to clover main .efi file.

So I thought maybe my system broke, so I created whole installation disk like I did before but it's stuck at the same line.
Then I created disk with new Clover version, new kexts version, still nothing.

I tried BIOS upgrade then BIOS downgrade, still won't work.

Is there any way to debug it more? To maybe print a little more details?

I have added in attachments my Clover folder which was working half a year ago.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 199
Hello
So I encountered very strange problem. I haven't using my Hackintosh laptop for a long time almost half of a year and when I want to boot it, it doesn't work.
Code:

I remembered that I had trouble booting with charger so I tried without it, but I wasn't successful. I tried many different variations but always the same effect.

What happened since I last used hackintosh was huge Windows 10 update which broke Clover, but I managed to restore it just by making new boot option in UEFI by adding path to clover main .efi file.

So I thought maybe my system broke, so I created whole installation disk like I did before but it's stuck at the same line.

Try booting from an external USB to get to the Installer using your EFI

Hello
Code:

See guide for up-to-date Clover setup components:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I created multiple install disks with new kext and new clover also but some with the old ones, and they have still same issues. Can you answer me:

1. Is it possible to have extended debug to determine where it hangs up?
I am programmer and I think that I may eventually just try to look up why it hangs up.
I may be wrong but I feel confident enough to look at source code of this.

2. If my first question answer will be No then please tell me what I can try to minimize variables.
I mean I can try to change anything like for example:
a) EmuVariable.efi + OsxAptioFix
b) EmuVariable.efi + AptioMemoryFix
c) OsxAptioFix without EmuVariable
etc.
But it would take forever...

3. I need to find a valuable reason to make changes in my disk creation process.
To make it more efficient, because I guess making same installation disk over and over again won't make it work...

Because I don't want to bother anyone with stupid questions, I can read long articles and other resources but I want to understand what is happening and why it doesn't work.
Just like in programming I must know how a function work before use even if it's name "resizeImage".

So I really really appreciate your help and you guys all doing great job with running this community.
But I need to dig even further and know more even if it will be tons of pages to read.

I hope you understand me better now and will help me.

A little quote at the end:

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope"
- Leia Organa

EDIT1: Maybe is there a way to determine whether is my NVRAM working or not?

Last edited:
I created multiple install disks with new kext and new clover also but some with the old ones, and they have still same issues. Can you answer me:

1. Is it possible to have extended debug to determine where it hangs up?
I am programmer and I think that I may eventually just try to look up why it hangs up.
I may be wrong but I feel confident enough to look at source code of this.

2. If my first question answer will be No then please tell me what I can try to minimize variables.
I mean I can try to change anything like for example:
a) EmuVariable.efi + OsxAptioFix
b) EmuVariable.efi + AptioMemoryFix
c) OsxAptioFix without EmuVariable
etc.
But it would take forever...

3. I need to find a valuable reason to make changes in my disk creation process.
To make it more efficient, because I guess making same installation disk over and over again won't make it work...

Because I don't want to bother anyone with stupid questions, I can read long articles and other resources but I want to understand what is happening and why it doesn't work.
Just like in programming I must know how a function work before use even if it's name "resizeImage".

So I really really appreciate your help and you guys all doing great job with running this community.
But I need to dig even further and know more even if it will be tons of pages to read.

I hope you understand me better now and will help me.

A little quote at the end:

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope"
- Leia Organa

EDIT1: Maybe is there a way to determine whether is my NVRAM working or not?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back