Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 410 No Internal Hard Drive Appearing (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7559
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M, 1080p
I very recently picked up an older Dell Vostro 410 with a good old Intel core 2 Quad, it boots perfectly fine into the El Capitan installer but doesn't seem to detect the internal hard drive that I have installed. From what windows states it's ATA and in my BIOS I tried to change it from IDE to ACHI but it doesn't even contain the option to do so but does have a Raid option. I have read many things which have thrown me all over the place but simply is there any way that I can get the drive to display ? Thanks in advance to everyone from tonymacx86, for all of their hard work and help they provide.

so when you go to Disk Utility , it does not see anything but the installer USB ?

Sadly yes, only the USB installer drive.

have you tried to move your drive to different SATA ports on the motherboard ?

I don't believe so, I'll get right on it now and give it a try.

Ok so I officially have tried with a different sata port but no luck.

did you create your installer USB using Legacy mode ?

Yes in fact I did, I came up with the idea of installing El Capitan to the Hard Drive though an external enclosure that I had with an actual Mac which obviously worked there. So now I have El Capitan installed on the drive but now when I boot I get the Prohibited sign.

so you installed Multibeast to that drive i assume ? Can you mount the EFI partition on that drive and attach config.plist here

Sorry to say but no actually, it's just a fresh install of El Capitan I didn't use multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back