Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 410 No Internal Hard Drive Appearing (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to use multibeast as that will install the bootloader (Clover)

I had a Dell 960 and had the same problem initially. All SATA on this machine, no ATA.

i had to make sure the BIOS had RAID disabled entirely, and then I had to install onto an external USB drive first. When I booted from that drive after instal, I could see the internal drive, and then I installed on that one and could boot from it from then on, so I kinda had to do two installs to get it to work, now I boot from the internal fine.

Not sure if this is something up with Dell's but I have seen a few other people with the same issue.

Hmm I see and Linuxrox I just used clover from the external USB that I was trying to use to install El Capitan with the drive internally.

ok, so where are you at now. Are you still booting from external USB drive (same drive that you install El Capitan onto) ?

Sorry for the delay I was busy, ok so I though of the idea of trying Yosemite instead and when I booted into the installer it still only showed the USB. So I said I wonder if I plug in my external hard drive if it will show up and it did so I installed OS X Yosemite to it and it boots with QE/CI enabled perfect, but still no internal drive is appearing. I even tried different Keats for ATA but still no success. My motherboard dosnt support ACHI and I'm thinking that's what the problem is in all honesty. Would using an PCI card with ACHI for the internal drive possibly work ?

did you look in RAID options, anything for ACHI ?

I don't believe so but I'll double check tomorrow, I set it to RAID instead of IDE thinking it would possibly help.

How did u manage to get into the installation i just get stuck on a black screen with dell vestro 410

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back