Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Vostro 3750 - Clover
CPU
i5-2410M/HM67
Graphics
HD 3000, 1600x900
I installed Yosemite on a Dell Vostro 3750 with a Sandy Bridge i5 (2410M) following this guide and stumbled into some problems. Some things are already working fine - graphics, sleep and wake, ethernet.

Not really working yet:

1) The fans are constantly spinning. There are 3 fan profiles in HWMonitor. But they don’t have any effect .The reason might be, that the guide was made for a Vostro 3450 (same motherboard but smaller display and, I think, smaller keyboard as a 3750) with an i3 CPU.
2) No sound. The Codec is a realtek alc269. In my previous 10.7 Vostro-Install the stock AppleHDA of 10.7 worked with some DSDT magic.
3) The FN-key doesn’t toggle anything in combination with the F-keys.
4) Touchpad doesn’t work.
5) Numbers block doesn’t work.
6) WiFi doesn’t work. Not a surprise without OS X support for the Intel Centrino N-1030.

I have just a basic understanding but no deep knowledge of computers and it’s not my main interest. So if anything works I usually don’t touch it. But with 10.7 you get more and more messages like „browser too old“, „service not available“ and this guide sounded like „install system, run script, done“.

So may I ask for your support?

I would like to adress problem nr.1 - power management - first. I already generated ssdt.aml - files with ssdtPRGen (we have in the ACPI-folder 6 different SSDTs and in the ssdtPRGen-folder one ssdt)but I’m not quite sure what to do with them.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • DarwinDump.htm.zip
    365.6 KB · Views: 108
  • otto’s MacBook Pro.zip
    293.5 KB · Views: 106
  • RehabMan.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Terminal-output.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 106
I installed Yosemite on a Dell Vostro 3750 with a Sandy Bridge i5 (2410M) following this guide and stumbled into some problems. Some things are already working fine - graphics, sleep and wake, ethernet.

Not really working yet:

1) The fans are constantly spinning. There are 3 fan profiles in HWMonitor. But they don’t have any effect .The reason might be, that the guide was made for a Vostro 3450 (same motherboard but smaller display and, I think, smaller keyboard as a 3750) with an i3 CPU.
2) No sound. The Codec is a realtek alc269. In my previous 10.7 Vostro-Install the stock AppleHDA of 10.7 worked with some DSDT magic.
6) WiFi doesn’t work. Not a surprise without OS X support for the Intel Centrino N-1030.

I have just a basic understanding but no deep knowledge of computers and it’s not my main interest. So if anything works I usually don’t touch it. But with 10.7 you get more and more messages like „browser too old“, „service not available“ and this guide sounded like „install system, run script, done“.

I would like to adress problem nr.1 - power management - first. I already generated ssdt.aml - files with ssdtPRGen (we have in the ACPI-folder 6 different SSDTs and in the ssdtPRGen-folder one ssdt)but I’m not quite sure what to do with them.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Following this guide I generated SSDT.aml, copied it to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched after removing the other SSDT*.aml - files from there, edited my clover config.plist with clover configurator by checking AppleIntelCPUPM in the KernelAndKextPatches menu, rebooted and tried to test power management with AppleIntelInfo.kext.

Terminal responded:

ottos-MacBook-Pro:Downloads ottokatz$ sudo cp -R AppleIntelInfo.kext /kexts
ottos-MacBook-Pro:Downloads ottokatz$ sudo kextutil /kexts/AppleIntelInfo.kext
Diagnostics for /kexts/AppleIntelInfo.kext:
Code Signing Failure: not code signed
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/kexts/AppleIntelInfo.kext"

I agreed with unlimited app-downloads in the system prefs.

Anyway HWMonitor displays CPU frequencies going up and down. But sometimes it displays frequencies in the TeraHerz range.

The fan is still constantly spinning although the machine doesn’t seem to run hot.

Following this guide I generated SSDT.aml, copied it to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched after removing the other SSDT*.aml - files from there, edited my clover config.plist with clover configurator by checking AppleIntelCPUPM in the KernelAndKextPatches menu, rebooted and tried to test power management with AppleIntelInfo.kext.

Terminal responded:

ottos-MacBook-Pro:Downloads ottokatz$ sudo cp -R AppleIntelInfo.kext /kexts
ottos-MacBook-Pro:Downloads ottokatz$ sudo kextutil /kexts/AppleIntelInfo.kext
Diagnostics for /kexts/AppleIntelInfo.kext:
Code Signing Failure: not code signed
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/kexts/AppleIntelInfo.kext"

I agreed with unlimited app-downloads in the system prefs.

Anyway HWMonitor displays CPU frequencies going up and down. But sometimes it displays frequencies in the TeraHerz range.

The fan is still constantly spinning although the machine doesn’t seem to run hot.

If you have a question regarding your configuration you must attach problem reporting files as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Problem reporting files, I hope, the appropriate ones, are attached to the first post.

Sorry for picking the guide from the wrong section.

Anyway my theory for now is that the fan-problem is caused by the BIOS or it's settings. It might even be not a bug but a feature if you want a cool machine and don't care about some noise.
The fan starts spinning before an OS is loaded and keeps spinning under different systems.
The BIOS is not stock but patched by someone else to unlock UEFI-capability and implement thermal monitoring and maybe control.

Attached are photos of the thermal related BIOS-options and settings.

Attachments

• CPUThermalConfig.jpg
    CPUThermalConfig.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 222
  • PlatformThermalConfig1.jpg
    PlatformThermalConfig1.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 302
  • PlatformThermalConfig2.jpg
    PlatformThermalConfig2.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 458
  • ProcessorPowerManagement.jpg
    ProcessorPowerManagement.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 520

Not really working yet:

Problem reporting files, I hope, the appropriate ones, are attached to the first post.

Sorry for picking the guide from the wrong section.

Anyway my theory for now is that the fan-problem is caused by the BIOS or it's settings. It might even be not a bug but a feature if you want a cool machine and don't care about some noise.
The fan starts spinning before an OS is loaded and keeps spinning under different systems.
The BIOS is not stock but patched by someone else to unlock UEFI-capability and implement thermal monitoring and maybe control.

Attached are photos of the thermal related BIOS-options and settings.

You should probably start over with the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

So you think there is something wrong with the installer stick I used?
Maybe you just saw the attached BIOS-pictures and thought "he can't get beyond that stage of the boot process".
I understand of course that many people ask you many questions here and there is not much time for each of them.
I hoped to meet someone with some Vostro 3750-experience here.
Thanks anyway.

So you think there is something wrong with the installer stick I used?
Maybe you just saw the attached BIOS-pictures and thought "he can't get beyond that stage of the boot process".
I understand of course that many people ask you many questions here and there is not much time for each of them.
I hoped to meet someone with some Vostro 3750-experience here.
Thanks anyway.

Did you try following the guide?

In post 4 you asked for problem reporting files that had been attached to post 1, now you ask whether I followed the guide how to make a working installer stick while I already have one - the system is up and running, just not fully functional as the title of the thread says.
I respect of course that you are a busy man without any obligations to me.

In post 4 you asked for problem reporting files that had been attached to post 1, now you ask whether I followed the guide

The files in post #1 prove you didn't follow the guide.
You will have much less problems out of the gate if you follow the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back