Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 3460 - Conexant CX20590

Status
Not open for further replies.
I patched AppleHDA according to your specific codec info, you should test and reply back.
I included a fully patched AppleHDA.kext as well as a so-called 'dummyHDA' kext (AppleHDA_CX20590.kext). If you choose to go with the dummyHDA kext, you should have vanilla/untouched AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E as well as the binary patch to be applied to 'AppleHDA' in your config.plist, I attached the code you should paste to it... Also don't forget to apply the layout-id 3 to your DSDT as well as the IRQ patch.

Please test and reply back.
Thank You!! :)
I went the fully patched HDA + DSDT route, and the sound card is working perfectly! :) it recognises the jack and switches the input & the output accordingly!
I will try to figure out what verb commands & Pathmaps you used so I can compare it to what I managed to calculate as the guides are all somewhat mysterious in one or two steps. (at least to me)

Thanks again! :)

Thank You!! :)
I went the fully patched HDA + DSDT route, and the sound card is working perfectly! :) it recognises the jack and switches the input & the output accordingly!
I will try to figure out what verb commands & Pathmaps you used so I can compare it to what I managed to calculate as the guides are all somewhat mysterious in one or two steps. (at least to me)

Thanks again! :)

Can you tell me what works for you?
Internal Speakers?
Internal Mic?
Headphones?
External Mic?

Can you tell me what works for you?
Internal Speakers?
Internal Mic?
Headphones?
External Mic?
everything works, with the small exception of the external mic.. as that works on "Line" level, so if I'm not mistaken, then I will have to change one verb command to make it "microphone" level instead of "Line"
for HDMI I would need to apply further patches (I guess) as hdmi does not appear on the list when I plug a HDMI source into it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 14.48.09.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 14.48.09.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 255
everything works, with the small exception of the external mic.. as that works on "Line" level, so if I'm not mistaken, then I will have to change one verb command to make it "microphone" level instead of "Line"
for HDMI I would need to apply further patches (I guess) as hdmi does not appear on the list when I plug a HDMI source into it.
External Mic can work as an emic or line... but Conexant codecs are know to have issues with it, I have it disabled for my laptop...I say don't waste your time trying to fix it... just disable it like I did.

Last edited:
I patched AppleHDA according to your specific codec info, you should test and reply back.
I included a fully patched AppleHDA.kext as well as a so-called 'dummyHDA' kext (AppleHDA_CX20590.kext). If you choose to go with the dummyHDA kext, you should have vanilla/untouched AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E as well as the binary patch to be applied to 'AppleHDA' in your config.plist, I attached the code you should paste to it... Also don't forget to apply the layout-id 3 to your DSDT as well as the IRQ patch.

Please test and reply back.

This also worked for my Lenovo E531 laptop on Sierra 10.12.

I used DummyHDA.kext in SLE and added the patch to Clover.

Thanks.

This also worked for my Lenovo E531 laptop on Sierra 10.12.

I used DummyHDA.kext in SLE and added the patch to Clover.

Thanks.

You're welcome. :)

External Mic can work as an emic or line... but Conexant codecs are know to have issues with it, I have it disabled for my laptop...I say don't waste your time trying to fix it... just disable it like I did.
Hi,

just noticed that I can't control the gain control of the internal mic at all... doesn't matter if I turn it down completely or max the gain the input level stays the same. Do you possibly know how to address it?

thanks

Hi,

just noticed that I can't control the gain control of the internal mic at all... doesn't matter if I turn it down completely or max the gain the input level stays the same. Do you possibly know how to address it?

thanks
I have the same problem, no known solution so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back