Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8P67-PRO / Clover
CPU
Intel i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz / P67
Graphics
GeForce 650TI
I'm trying to start the setup on the Dell Vostro from my signature but the installation seems freeze on "Waiting on IOProviderClass" and after a while it justs garble the screen and shows an prohibited sign on the middle of the screen.

Already changed the usb ports/stick and nothing helped.

Attached the Clover Folder with the dumps + screenshots.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20171011_150258.jpg
    IMG_20171011_150258.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20171011_150155.jpg
    IMG_20171011_150155.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 165
I'm trying to start the setup on the Dell Vostro from my signature but the installation seems freeze on "Waiting on IOProviderClass" and after a while it justs garble the screen and shows an prohibited sign on the middle of the screen.

Already changed the usb ports/stick and nothing helped.

Attached the Clover Folder with the dumps + screenshots.

"Still waiting for root device" when booting from USB indicates a USB problem.
Use a USB2 stick.
Try all USB ports.
USBInjectAll.kext may also be useful.

"Still waiting for root device" when booting from USB indicates a USB problem.
Use a USB2 stick.
Try all USB ports.
USBInjectAll.kext may also be useful.

I've tried with 8 sticks + 1 external HDD (usb 3/2) in all possible ports of this laptop (1x USB2 and 2xUSB3)
Got stuck in the same point, with or without USBInjectAll

I've tried with 8 sticks + 1 external HDD (usb 3/2) in all possible ports of this laptop (1x USB2 and 2xUSB3)
Got stuck in the same point, with or without USBInjectAll

See USB guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

No ideas can be provided without problem reporting files as per FAQ.

Keep in mind your USB3 controller is not likely to be supported very well or at all. So using any USB3 devices is simply a waste of time.

Fixed by cleaning the config.plist file and removing some fixes (EHCI -> EH01 / EHC2 -> EH02 and Thinkpads stuffs)

Fixed by cleaning the config.plist file and removing some fixes (EHCI -> EH01 / EHC2 -> EH02 and Thinkpads stuffs)

The EHCx->EH0x renames usually don't cause a problem, but if you forgot USBInjectAll.kext or copied it incorrectly (or downloaded the wrong thing), I could see issues.
The thinkpad patches have no effect with non-thinkpad hardware.

The EHCx->EH0x renames usually don't cause a problem, but if you forgot USBInjectAll.kext or copied it incorrectly, I could see issues.
The thinkpad patches have no effect with non-thinkpad hardware.

The working scenario:
I have one USB Stick with Clover and another with the High Sierra Setup (without clover).
I boot with the Clover Stick, put the High Sierra Setup stick, start -> success.

Checked and i still can boot with the ThinkPad Patches, but the EHC fixes causes me the issue of the post.

Checked and i still can boot with the ThinkPad Patches, but the EHC fixes causes me the issue of the post.

As per USB guide, if EHCx is renamed to EH0x, it disconnects the port injectors for the SMBIOS you might be using. This is actually what you want to do, as there is no guarantee that a given Mac's USB topology will match yours.

But when that disconnection happens, macOS/OS X (since 10.11) uses ACPI to determine which ports should be active. And that ACPI code is usually wrong. Especially when the DSDT cannot determine which version of Windows it is running on.

Hence the need for USBInjectAll.kext, which causes all valid ports to be injected, and allows customization (via SSDT), such that you can trim ports that are not connected.

Right now, you're just getting lucky that the Mac model you are simulating (due to SMBIOS choice) is similar enough regarding its USB topology such that you have at least one USB port working for installation purposes.

You will eventually need to address USB configuration properly during post-install. You will find out more as you work through that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back