nVIDIA GeForce GTX250
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I figured out how to get this card working in Mountain Lion:

Download the attached file (NVDANV50Hal.kext.zip) and extract it to S/L/E and replace the current one -- Repair Permissions, Reboot. You should have Native Resolution (1440x900) and full Acceleration in Mountain Lion for the nVIDIA GeForce 9300m GS (256MB).

You do not need any other Enablers except GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I'd recommend copying it to the UniBeast USB Stick installer in S/L/E (you will need to "Show All Files") -- Replace the one in there, Repair Permissions.
You should have the Native Resolution now when you load the Mountain Lion installer (you can tell it's working then).

When the installation completes you can boot normally without KP and the need to use -x (the NVDANV50Hal.kext is what was causing all the KP problems)

DO NOT remove the GeForce* kexts or NVDANV* kexts - I read this in other posts here and it will cause issues. Also, if you've been experimenting a lot already with different things I would probably recommend a fresh install anyhow (unless you can put all the original files back).

Again, this is for the Dell Vostro 1520 with the nVIDIA GeForce 9300m GS (256MB) graphics card. It may work in other laptops with this gfx card but I can't guarantee it. Make a backup of your original kext if you decide to try it...

Use MultiBeast to get Audio/Keyboard/Trackpad/Ethernet/Trim Support (SSD) working.

My Dell Vostro 1520:
-----------------------
128GB SSD
Blu-Ray RW
4GB RAM
nVIDIA GeForce 9300m GS
Core 2 DUO 2GHz
Dell Wireless 1510

GFX/Sound/WiFi/Ethernet all work in Mountain Lion. Card Reader does not (nothing new).

Please comment if it's working for you :)

Attachments

• NVDANV50Hal.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,288
Questions about Dell wireless 1510 card

Hi there, I know this may be off topic, but I have a few questions about your Dell 1510 Wireless card:

1. How did you get it working? Is it working OOTB in Mountain Lion?

2. Is it recognized as a native Airport card? (I.e. does the wifi bar status show up in the menu bar at the top?)

3. Do you know if it work in Windows 7?

I have an unsupported Intel WiFi Card on my dual boot Mountain Lion + Win7 system, I am looking to swap it with this Dell Wireless 1510 card, which is the one you have but wondering about compatibility.

I thank you for your help and time to answer these questions in advance, look forward to hear from you, thanks so much!! :D

Nice job! Anxious to give this a shot! I'll report back on my luck with this.

Thanks!

Hi man,

thanks for the kext, after installing that i get past the loading screen with the apple logo, but i get a white screen with a loading cursor which sits forever. Can you please post the full set of drivers?

Works like a charm - So smooth! Thanks for the work on this.

The only issue remaiing for me is the power management. When the monitor goes off, I can; get the laptop to re-awake. The power light is on, just won;t respond.

Also, when I close lid, it doesnt go to sleep.

Any thoughts? Have you gotten this stuff to work?

Works like a charm - So smooth! Thanks for the work on this.

The only issue remaiing for me is the power management. When the monitor goes off, I can; get the laptop to re-awake. The power light is on, just won;t respond.

Also, when I close lid, it doesnt go to sleep.

Any thoughts? Have you gotten this stuff to work?

Could you please post your geforce.kext and nvdresman? I've deleted it to get it working without -x and the old ones doesn't work now.

First of all thanks for the great work.

My tech specs are quite similar to yours, Dell Vostro 1520, 250 GB HD, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9300m GS. I manage to run soothly through Mountain Lion installation but after that I get a KP at boot (Apple Intel Cpu Power Management). I manage to get to desktop by using -x flag but after Multibeast installation (different options) I get KP even using -x flag. Tried with the terminal method removing all the Geforce, NVDANV,etc extensions and managed to boot without problem but no graphics.

After reading this post did a fresh install and replaced
NVDANV50Hal.kext in Mountain Lion S/L/E using kext wizard, repair permissions, rebooted and get stuck at [PCI configuration begin] after which screen goes black.

Also tried replacing
NVDANV50Hal.kext in Unibeast USB installer, and yes I get native resolution at installer but then when booting same problem [PCI configuration begin] and black...

Any ideas?

Thanks

First of all thanks for the great work.

My tech specs are quite similar to yours, Dell Vostro 1520, 250 GB HD, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9300m GS. I manage to run soothly through Mountain Lion installation but after that I get a KP at boot (Apple Intel Cpu Power Management). I manage to get to desktop by using -x flag but after Multibeast installation (different options) I get KP even using -x flag. Tried with the terminal method removing all the Geforce, NVDANV,etc extensions and managed to boot without problem but no graphics.

After reading this post did a fresh install and replaced
NVDANV50Hal.kext in Mountain Lion S/L/E using kext wizard, repair permissions, rebooted and get stuck at [PCI configuration begin] after which screen goes black.

Also tried replacing
NVDANV50Hal.kext in Unibeast USB installer, and yes I get native resolution at installer but then when booting same problem [PCI configuration begin] and black...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you booting with npci=0x2000?

Tried to boot with that flag but to no use, finally solved it by using PCIRootUID=0 flag at first boot after install.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back