Graphics
nVidia 8200m GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok before i start let me say i have alll over this forum backwards and forwards and i been at this ..."experiment" for 3 days now and im at the end of my rop and saying forget it all but before i do that instead of reading thru countless threads searching for an answer i figure i finally ask. Also im not even sure if my computer will run it ... Also my end result is to have my pc dual boot windows and Mac os x

Also please note i been working on computers inside and out for over 10 years and im only 26
Let start from the beginning

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5270 @ 1.40GHz, 1401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A09, 7/10/2008(which is the latest and i think may be my problem but ill get to that later)
Display Adapter Type GeForce 8400M GS, NVIDIA compatible
Name HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T11N ATA Device(if relevant)

(if any more information needed Please ask)

So i go thru the guide tells e to enable ACHI(which is done by default) And HPET 64bit(which is no where to be found in my bios i updated the bios to the latest to see if it shows up nothing.
But i keep moving foward cause im hard headed.

I purchase SL Retail and i burn a copy of iboot

i pop iboot in then SL and i get nothing

I do a bit searching I find out to put in -v -f acpi=off and this actually gets me to the installation

I go thru the installation process the guide says it will take 20-30 minutes to finish... My installation takes 2 hours(i kid you not)

Once installed SL willnot boot

I get a kerna Panic about elltiolegacy rtc i read thru forums saying to delete it using single user but that will not boot

also says to try deleting the kext via the install the disc... nothing

so i get ed up with it i delete the whole drive repartition it this time i set the Boot to guid go thru the install process this time it took another 2 hours but it got to the end and never finished... i(i let this sit over night) and then nothing

i attempt to boot the os Same thing about the elltio legacy kext

So i try again with my retail disc

same thing elltio legacy... im really lost as to what to do next ive tried every command i could find
(-x -v -f arch=i386 GraphicEnabler=no) to no avail :banghead:

i need a bit of guidance... please i would LOVE to get SL on my vostro
Any assistance is appreciated

882158_2846804424949_464417536_o.jpg

A picture of the kernel panic

Delete the the kext I did it and it booted lion that only solves one problem if your dell vostro 1400 is anything like mine you'll get Mac for OS to boot and then in five minutes it will freeze. I can't solve the freezing because I haven't solved it myself, good luck to you if you solve the freezing problem let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back