Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 14 5481

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs:
Dell Vostro 14 5481
Storage: 128g SSD NVMe + 1TB HDD (system installed in SSD)
Ram: DDR4 2666Mhz (shows up as 2400Mhz in Mojave but I don't think that's an issue)
Processor: i5-8265U
Graphics: Nvidia MX130 (disabled via patched SSDT) + intel UHD620
Audio: Realtek ALC3204 (the same as ALC236)
MacOS Version: Mojave 10.14.5

Problems:
1. Brightness control is not consistent.. (look at the video below) meaning it is the brightness is not reacting in equal amount to each step.
2. Audio is not working can't even see output or input devices in settings. tried patcherHDA and appleALC.kext without success, also I don't know how to figure out which Layout-ID I need to use.
3. Battery consumption is huge for some reason. only 2 hours of web browsing is enough to get to 0%.
4. Don't know if it's even possible to fix it, but location services does not work.
5. Trackpad is fully working using VoodooI2C with gestures (but I can't double tap and drag anything for some reason) but it is jumping a little bit once in a while when moving the curser. does not happen in either ubuntu or windows 10.
6. Tried to patch the brightness keys and the the forward and backward track keys to work (audio and pause/play works OOB) using the solution in the laptop FAQ but nothing is showing up in syslog. also PrintScreen button is not working.

Please tell me if I forgot adding something, I will add/fix it right away.

How u disabled gpu from ssdt

Specs:
Dell Vostro 14 5481
Storage: 128g SSD NVMe + 1TB HDD (system installed in SSD)
Ram: DDR4 2666Mhz (shows up as 2400Mhz in Mojave but I don't think that's an issue)
Processor: i5-8265U
Graphics: Nvidia MX130 (disabled via patched SSDT) + intel UHD620
Audio: Realtek ALC3204 (the same as ALC236)
MacOS Version: Mojave 10.14.5

Problems:
1. Brightness control is not consistent.. (look at the video below) meaning it is the brightness is not reacting in equal amount to each step.
2. Audio is not working can't even see output or input devices in settings. tried patcherHDA and appleALC.kext without success, also I don't know how to figure out which Layout-ID I need to use.
3. Battery consumption is huge for some reason. only 2 hours of web browsing is enough to get to 0%.
4. Don't know if it's even possible to fix it, but location services does not work.
5. Trackpad is fully working using VoodooI2C with gestures (but I can't double tap and drag anything for some reason) but it is jumping a little bit once in a while when moving the curser. does not happen in either ubuntu or windows 10.
6. Tried to patch the brightness keys and the the forward and backward track keys to work (audio and pause/play works OOB) using the solution in the laptop FAQ but nothing is showing up in syslog. also PrintScreen button is not working.

Please tell me if I forgot adding something, I will add/fix it right away.

Hi! Can you share please your clover settings and kexts?

I have found 2 sources
But there no way to use default wireless. Does anyone have a solution?

Last edited:
Hi! Can you share please your clover settings and kexts?

I have found 2 sources
But there no way to use default wireless. Does anyone have a solution?
you can't use the builtin wifi. macOS doesn't support intel cards, which is what we have installed. I am looking to buy a different one but there are no options for our connector type that will 100% work. here are the options if you'd like to try (please let me know what your results with it are tho)(the SSEA one is supposed to be more likely to work, I could be wrong tho):

is anyone able to update opencore to 0.65? I didn't succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back