Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 14 5481

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone?
I really need help with power management, remaping Fn keys, and headphones as I couldn't find a working fix for those yet...

Last edited:
I have not been able too fix those on my own in the past 2 months. would appreciate some help

did you try ssdtpnlf-cfl to help with brightness issues? remapping keys is a mystery, I'm still trying to find something that works.

edit: after looking in your debug, I saw you were booting with 2 config plist and you had a few errors in DSDT. I fixed a couple of errors and added ssdtpnlf-cfl to your Acpi/patched folder. and removed 1 of the 2 config.plists' you had in clover folder. your device/properties look incomplete for the frame buffer injection. try using these properties
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/screen-flickers.281708/post-1990809 check post #33. enter ALL the values you see in EACH screenshot in post 33

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
did you try ssdtpnlf-cfl to help with brightness issues? remapping keys is a mystery, I'm still trying to find something that works.

edit: after looking in your debug, I saw you were booting with 2 config plist and you had a few errors in DSDT. I fixed a couple of errors and added ssdtpnlf-cfl to your Acpi/patched folder. and removed 1 of the 2 config.plists' you had in clover folder. your device/properties look incomplete for the frame buffer injection. try using these properties
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/screen-flickers.281708/post-1990809 check post #33. enter ALL the values you see in EACH screenshot in post 33
the display problems are already solved, I'm just struggling now with power management, Fn keys, and headphones jack. I will be uploading an updated debug folder in a minute

had some problems with the script but here it is.
also, I have the Netflix problem with Error Code: S7363-1260-FFFFD089, I saw that for some people that had a problem with iMessage and other iCloud related features, this problem was also fix after following the iMessage fix guide, but my iCloud, App Store, iMessage etc. are fully functional. not a huge problem, but I would love to know if you have any idea why this could be happening as I have no clue.

Attachments

• debug_29587.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
had some problems with the script but here it is.
also, I have the Netflix problem with Error Code: S7363-1260-FFFFD089, I saw that for some people that had a problem with iMessage and other iCloud related features, this problem was also fix after following the iMessage fix guide, but my iCloud, App Store, iMessage etc. are fully functional. not a huge problem, but I would love to know if you have any idea why this could be happening as I have no clue.
although I'm not 100 percent sure, I believe this is due to the Video Decoder not having the FULL frame buffer patch, therefore not being fully supported on apps like Netflix and hbo. can you verify your decoder is fully supported in Hackintool as in the attached screenshot?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 11.32.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 11.32.35 PM.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 155
although I'm not 100 percent sure, I believe this is due to the Video Decoder not having the FULL frame buffer patch, therefore not being fully supported on apps like Netflix and hbo. can you verify your decoder is fully supported in Hackintool as in the attached screenshot?

My Hackintool looks a little different, but here is a screenshot:
1569694548036.png

attach debug zip. have you tried hobo and Netflix in chrome?
Netflix does work in chrome, but chrome doesn't work well with my AirPods, so I'm trying to fix this problem.
And the last debug zip I uploaded is still good - I haven't been using MacOS at all since uploading it. I'm on Windows for now

Attachments

• debug_29587.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 122
Another problem that I just discovered and probably most important - I can update MacOS.
I'm currently on Catalina beta 2, trying to update to the latest version using system update. when I need to reboot into the installer, this is where I get:
jcylpiziodp31.png

how can I update to the latest version? if I install for a USB on the same partition without erasing, will it update (instead of fresh install)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back