Register

Dell Vostro 14 5481

Status
Not open for further replies.
needs to be in /L/E

post a pic of the panic along with your problem reporting files

you need to install it properly:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcbc5288b70 [0x7fffad47b8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
/Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

How and where to install kexts:

you need to install it properly:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcbc5288b70 [0x7fffad47b8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
/Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

How and where to install kexts:

I can boot now after repairing permissions in terminal, but brightness is still messed up.

Attachments

• debug_4750.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
I can boot now after repairing permissions in terminal, but brightness is still messed up.
maybe an option in SSDT-RMCF under backlight may cause the issue

also what patches are in your DSDT.aml?

maybe an option in SSDT-RMCF under backlight may cause the issue

also what patches are in your DSDT.aml?

only those from the keyboard special keys remaping guide (I don't remember how it called exactly).

Last edited:
downloaded updated versions, installed using the guide, still nothing has changed
another idea...

undo what you did here:
Make sure you remove SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-ALS0.
Remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext or if you were using the old AppleBacklightInjector.kext from Rehabman.
Leave only whatevergreen.kext

Into config.plist /Devices/Properties (not inside the IGPU) just on Devices/Properties add the values:
SetIntelBacklight=True (boolean)
SetIntelMaxBacklight=True (boolean)

Enable/add the config.plist /DSDT/Fixes/ AddPNLF=True

and you could try this PNLF instead
also keep latest whatevergreen and no need to install AppleBacklightInjector.kext

Problems:

5. Trackpad is fully working using VoodooI2C with gestures (but I can't double tap and drag anything for some reason) but it is jumping a little bit once in a while when moving the curser. does not happen in either ubuntu or windows 10.

Since you are using VirtualSMC.kext anyway, get rid of ACPIBatteryManager.kext. It is known to cause issues with VoodooI2C. Use SMCBatteryManager.kext (its bundled with VirtualSMC.kext when you download virtualsmc) in its place. I had a lot of jumpy/glitchyness until i swapped it out and got rid of ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

another idea...

undo what you did here:
Make sure you remove SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-ALS0.
Remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext or if you were using the old AppleBacklightInjector.kext from Rehabman.
Leave only whatevergreen.kext

Into config.plist /Devices/Properties (not inside the IGPU) just on Devices/Properties add the values:
SetIntelBacklight=True (boolean)
SetIntelMaxBacklight=True (boolean)

Enable/add the config.plist /DSDT/Fixes/ AddPNLF=True

and you could try this PNLF instead
also keep latest whatevergreen and no need to install AppleBacklightInjector.kext
Since you are using VirtualSMC.kext anyway, get rid of ACPIBatteryManager.kext. It is known to cause issues with VoodooI2C. Use SMCBatteryManager.kext (its bundled with VirtualSMC.kext when you download virtualsmc) in its place. I had a lot of jumpy/glitchyness until i swapped it out and got rid of ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

Thanks guys! those fixed both the trackpad glitches (apparently, I will have to use it more to know better) and the brightness is working well, except it does not have those smooth transitions when changing brightness.

Also... I still can't get the brightness keys to work. all pf the guides I found are using the same method which works only with VoodooPS2.kext, which and I use VoodooI2C for my trackpad. any other way to remap those (basically to remap any custom key)?

EDIT: I just tried to connect some headphones, and a loud high pitched noise was coming out of both the headphones and the internal speakers. I'll Google it later, but if you know any easy fix I will be glad to hear it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back