Contribute
Register

Dell UP2715k with GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing i just noted: My card has 3 DP connectors. Until now i just the leftmost (viewed from behind) for the blue marked connector from the display and the next one on the right for the second one. I tried playing around with this position and looks like I can get BIOS and Clover to display (with CSM turned off and then in higher resolution) when using other port combinations.

Looks like the ports are handled differentally even though I could find any documentation about it.

Viewed from behind the ports are DP1 - DP2 - HDMI - DP3 and the DVI on top of this row. Currently I do have the blue one in DP3 and the other one in DP2. It seems to be enough if I pull the other one (not the blue one) after the BIOS shows up and put it back after one critical point in the boot sequence.

Weird.

I have the same layout and I too have the blue one in DP3 and the second in DP2. That seems to be the right one.
I also had problems with other combinations (for example no 5K resolution even in Windows).

@Helmi74 The display audio worked out of the box for me.

That's interesting. So I guess your Display is available upon the audio devices to be selected in OSX? Mine isn't - have to check this.

One more thing @XQC - did you see any trouble with standby/sleep modes? I had two situations where the display was put to sleep for a bit longer (first time i think it only was around half an hour/hour and second time was overnight now) where i didn't get it to wake up again. As far as I could say the Computer was responsive but no matter what i did with the display I couldn't get any output.

I have tried it by putting it to display sleep and to hibernate manually and it woke back up again without problems after a few seconds / minutes.

Another issue that I happen to see now is after some boot problems due to false settings when trying to get my Wifi to run (Broadcom) I now have broken gfx when using both cables. Instead of full 5k i somehow get the right half of the desktop stretched over the full display. I have already fixed the boot problem and reverted one ACPI switch i had put on falsly but still happen to see that problem.

Ever seen that?

@Helmi74
I'm only putting the monitor to sleep, I don't use system hibernation.
Occasionally the monitor doesn't wake up right away, like, I have to press random keyboard buttons for 10 seconds and than the monitor wakes up again. But in 90% of the cases the monitor wakes up right away.

I don't use Wifi on my system unfortunately, so I can't add anything to that.

How exactly did you fix the boot problem?

oh, I did not solve "our" boot problem unfortunately. Just the one that was caused by my errornous network setup.

The strange resolution problem I had could be solved by turning everything off, unplug the monitor from power and reboot.

Btw. I don't need to pull the plug from the display when booting, it's enough to hit the standby button as soon as clover is up and can then switch it back on after around 10 to 15 seconds. That works quite well and gives me a stable boot and 5k afterwards.

Regarding the hibernation: This seems to be something from the mainboard. Is also happens on Windows and kind of shuts down the machine completely. It's enough to hit the keyboard to turn it back on but it boots from the start when previously "shutdown" from windows. I have to monitor this a bit more and do some research.

Well, I run the same display, but am not getting 5K, no matter what I try. I've installed the patches and got stuck with different profiles, so reverted to Mac Pro 3.1 On DP cables, I get a max resolution of 2560x1440. If I switch to a dp (gpu) to mini dp (screen), I get 4K. My system is a gigabyte ga z170x UD5 TH and I run a gigabyte g1 gaming 960 (4GB). I also have 4 DP ports on the card, but no matter what I try I either get nothing or 2560. The blue cable in any port other than DP 1 makes for black screens. I do get the system to boot into OSX with two cables attached, but as said, at 2560. Curious whether anyone else experienced this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back