Contribute
Register

Dell U2515H Goes to Sleep after Booting up X99 System?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte UD4 X99 v1.1 / Bios F23
CPU
Intel i7 5820k CPU OC 4.5ghz
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960
Hi,

I just upgraded from an old Apple 23" Display which was connected via a DVI cable to my X99 system and didn't have any boot issue's at all.

Since using my the new Dell U2515H display Ive now been having a problem with it going to sleep every time I boot up which is connected via its supplied mini displayport to displayport cable.

As the system is booting after the apple logo a message appears saying "Entering Power Saving Mode" then it sleeps (but system is still running)

Ive found that I have to turn the display off then on again to fix this issue, then all is working perfect.

If I put the system to sleep it wakes up with no problem.... strange o_O

Also I've noticed that in the System Report/Graphics/Display section, it recognises the Dell U2515H and shows the correct resolution of 2560 x 1440, But shows @59 Hz instead of 60 Hz?...

Everything else is running fine, sharp picture colours etc...

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.2 with the latest Nvidia GPU Driver.

My System Build is =

Gigabyte UD4 X99 v1.1
Intel 5820k i7 CPU
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+
Corsair RM750i PSU
Samsung EVO 250GB SSD

Please can anyone help?...

Many Thanks

Noodlez

Not sure about the monitor sleeping but the 59Hz shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty sure my Dell U2415 says the same thing.

Same dual monitors as yours, my PNY GTX960 has "full" size display ports connected to DP ports on the monitors. I am not experiencing these issues. I think the monitor has an option to enable dp 1.2 or something of that nature. Try to enable or disable it.

Thanks for your help guys,

Yes i've tried enabling DP 1.2 and also checked that I am using InjectNvidia=False

still no change....

its very odd because if I put the system to sleep it will boot all back up perfectly

DP 1.2 behaves a little strange on my U2515H (black screen every now and then), DP 1.1 works fine though. I'd stay at DP 1.1, since there's little reason to enable DP 1.2, thanks to incomplete MST support in OS X.
It's also running @59Hz on my R9 280 btw. I guess that's only cosmetic, no issues besides that.

Did you try HDMI? Might need pixel clock patch for full resolution.

I did try a HDMI 2.0 cable at first which solved the sleep issue at boot but had terrible resolution like 2048 x 1152 so I went back to DP.

Just wondering will it be possible to receive audio over DP to the display? Or is this only possible with HDMI?..

many thanks

Thanks for the link, I now have it working at full resolution with the HDMI cable instead with no sleep issues!

just wondering what other modification I will need to do to enable audio over the HDMI?..

I still need to get a speaker bar yet so unable to do any tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back