Contribute
Register

Dell T5600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got a Dell t5600 to work yet?
I'm guessing that you are not going to get a massive response to this one, try Search while you are waiting.

I did search but found nothing of value. This is why I asked this question. I didnt expect such a response after asking a question.

I did search and there was much but MAYBE and TRY THIS or TRY THAT. Its been 4 days since I've been looking. Thats why I asked.

I did search but found nothing of value. This is why I asked this question. I didnt expect such a response after asking a question.

I did search and there was much but MAYBE and TRY THIS or TRY THAT. Its been 4 days since I've been looking. Thats why I asked.
This is not a good choice for a first hackintosh. If there are no good guides available and you have no experience the chances of success are slim to none. If you want to start with something much easier take a look at the HP Z220.
Mojave will install on this if you have a compatible graphics card like a Quadro K4000. There are also other less expensive quadro cards you can buy used.

This is not a good choice for a first hackintosh. If there are no good guides available and you have no experience the chances of success are slim to none. If you want to start with something much easier take a look at the HP Z220.
Mojave will install on this if you have a compatible graphics card like a Quadro K4000. There are also other less expensive quadro cards you can buy used.

Y0!! Thank you for your response. We managed to get the Dell working -- Just cant get MultiBeast to boot yet. Boots great on a USB key and High Sierra is fully running. I do have a couple Z860 or 680s? I got some of those here with 2011v1 CPUs. The 3 5500s we have here work GREAT with High Sierra. My main workstation is an ASUS P97-a. LOVE THEM!

Driving me mad on the 5600 and this boot issue. I did use and after market Marvell card that we think may be causing issues. Currently installing windows back on it to see if the boot issue is just the machine being stuborn.

Im going to look at those z220s.

Trust me when I say this, I appreciate you for replying.

Just cant get MultiBeast to boot yet. Boots great on a USB key and High Sierra is fully running. I do have a couple Z860 or 680s?
Congrats on the success. You will probably need to adjust the config.plist on your system drive to make it boot without the USB installed. Look at the USB's config.plist for some ideas on how to change it.

I'am trying to get High Sierra running on Dell T5600 for the whole day now. With legacy-mode I got once till the installing process. After rebooting and reentering the installer the process stopped. Till then, I never ever got back to the installier. I am lost ... Any tipps on that?

I'am trying to get High Sierra running on Dell T5600 for the whole day now. With legacy-mode I got once till the installing process. After rebooting and reentering the installer the process stopped. Till then, I never ever got back to the installier. I am lost ... Any tipps on that?

SAME ISSUE! Stumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back