CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all, I've been lurking a few days while trying to get OS X Lion (10.7.3) working on my Dell Studio XPS 13 that was in need of a reformat. So far, I've got it mostly working, except for the Battery monitoring. I'll explain what I've done so far, and my system specs, hopefully someone can point out where I went wrong or help me find out how to get over this last hurdle!

Specs
Intel Core2Duo 2.67Ghz
4GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 9400m + G210M 256MB
Intel 80GB SSD

Not Working:
Battery status

How I got this far:
1 Created USB install stick from OSX Lion App (App Store) using Unibeast (Laptop Config).

2 Booted USB loading the Lion Installer and did a fresh install to single GPT partition like in the Unibeast Guide.

3 Booted USB, loaded OSX partition using no flags. OSX loaded but Apple setup couldn't detect keyboard. Google led me to the fix, a USB Hub + USB Keyboard/Mouse

4 Loaded up OSX and ran the Chameleon Wizard to install the latest Bootloader (Chamelon-2.1svn-r1897), extract a DSDT and create a SMBios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist. For SMBios I used a standard MacBook Pro 5,5 config and org.chameleon.boot I selected the following:
Boot Flags: Verbose, GUI, Time Out: 2
Miscellaneous: npci=0x2000 (later I changed this to npci=0x3000 since Multibeast uses this option), darkwake=0, Ethernet Built In, PCIRoot=1, Restart Fix
DSDT.aml (/Extra/dsdt.aml)
SMBios.plist (/Extra/SMBios.plist)
Graphics: Graphics Enabler

5 Ran Multibeast 4.3.0 Lion Edition and ticked the following
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Disk: Trim Enabler
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous: ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous: EvOreboot
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous: FakeSMC
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous: IOUSBFamily Rollback
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous: NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous: PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpad
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous: AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Audio: AppleHDA Rollback

6 Ran Multibeast 4.3.0 again to add
Drivers & Bootloaders Kexts & Enablers -> Audio: VoodooHDA 2.7.3

7 Extracted VoodooBattery.kext and OpenHaltRestart.kext from BCC9's 10.7 Studio XPS 1340 guide on Insanely Mac to desktop and installed with KextBeast

8 Installed the AppleACPIPlatform.mcp79.v1.8.pkg from BCC9's guide

This is where I am stuck. I've included the SMBios.plist, org.chameleon.boot.plist and dsdt.aml files I'm currently using in case anyone wants to look them over for me. I tried to use the dsdt from BCC9's Guide, but it causes me to lose the 256mb graphics adapter which slowed the machine down quite a bit though I did have a working battery/AC Adapter with his DSDT. I've been reading into DSDT editing, to try and fix it myself, but I'm not sure what needs changed. =/

Marc

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    33.4 KB · Views: 237
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    593 bytes · Views: 306
  • SMBios.plist
    690 bytes · Views: 282
Progress!

Today I broke my install pretty good and was unable to fix it, so I re-installed. After getting the base system installed, I read up on BCC9's battery fix and finally understood it. I made the required changes from the DSDT he provided to the one I extracted and now I have working battery status in the tray. :D

The last major hurdles to tackle are that the laptop occasionally boots to a black screen w/ flags -v npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 pciroot=1 graphicsenabler=yes but using -x it won't boot at all, it hangs waiting for the boot device. The only other issue I can have, though less important, is that while my 9400M + G210M are detected and appear to work properly, my display is always on the 9400M and the G210M doesn't seem to ever be used.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    350.6 KB · Views: 220
  • dsdt.aml
    33.5 KB · Views: 195
Very thanks! Now I try on my XPS Studio 1340 :)

If you have update, please explain it me

(P.S. I'm italian... excuse my bad english)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back