Geforce GT 540M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have an old Dell T5500 with the following specs that I'm looking at converting to a Yosemite Hackintosh. I think my only problems might be the motherboard and the ethernet nic. I see in the forums that someone did try to install on one of these back in 2013 without success but I'm not sure if anyone one else has had success since then.

Motherboard: Dell 0CRH6C
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5507 @ 2.27GHz
Memory: 12GB (4GB * 3)
Display: NVIDIA G96GL [Quadro FX 580]
Audio: Intel 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller
Ethernet: Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
ATA Disk: Seagate ST3250318AS (250GB)
ATA Disk: Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN1 (1TB)

Did you get this working? I have seen a few of these for sale locally and was wondering about them, they look like some serious machines, lots of expansion possible.

I tried so many times, but unsuccessful. Sorry I know I am a noob. but can you help to install Sierra on my Dell T5500. This is my first time installing Hackintosh so I don't know anything about it. I tried to follow your steps but unsuccessful.

When I try to make a bootable from Unibeast I choose UEFI Boot mode but when I receive unnsucessful hardware message when I boot. and when I tried with Legacy boot mode I found clover screen but when I choose Boot mac os x on clover screen some text start appearing and get some errors and installation failed.

Kindly help.

No Dear, regretfully not. I would like to mention I am using 2 SSD on RAID card, also I prefer to install operating system on my SSD. Can you help me how I can install hackintosh? Please do recommend which version I should install on my DELL precision T5500.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have picked up a dell T5500 , project in progress hopefully I can solve it. I will surely share with you. As of now system crash post installation. I am yet to figure out.

Thank you, That would be great. Also, I would like to request you if you can make a video and upload it to a youtube that would be great help for all the noobs like me. Do let me know if I can help you in this regard.

Hey I just got a T5500 working with Sierra 10.12.6 Xeon X5675 24Gb RAM Nvidia GTX680.
Here are my steps:
Basically followed FaserF's guide, set all the BIOS settings like he recommends, download all the files (look for latest versions)etc.
1. used Unibeast to create boot USB, only option i picked was Legacy boot. Copy all the extra files to the USB, all the kexts and the kext utility.
2. boot with the USB, and install OS X onto the HDD in your system, boot with the USB again but choose boot from the HDD i n the clover menu.
3. once you are booted into OS X ,run multibeast, pick legacy boot, and the install it to the HDD.
4. use the kext utility to inject the NIC and the VooHooHDA drivers.
5. Reboot.

Anyone tried it with High Sierra? I would, but I sparly use my T5500 right now. I think it should work without any issues on the T5500 with High Sierra.

I have picked up a dell T5500 , project in progress hopefully I can solve it. I will surely share with you. As of now system crash post installation. I am yet to figure out.

Sure, you can also tell us your issues.

Thank you, That would be great. Also, I would like to request you if you can make a video and upload it to a youtube that would be great help for all the noobs like me. Do let me know if I can help you in this regard.
I would, if I had the time. But I think you can do it with my guide, even if you are some kind of "noob". I was one like you once ago and did it. :) Just give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back