Contribute
Register

Dell Precision T7500 with RX 580!!! White Screen!!! Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I was given a 2008 Mac Pro as a gift and I am quite satisfied. I am currently saving for a 2009 Mac Pro which I plan on putting a 12-core Xeon in there and 128 GB of RAM with the RX 580 I bought.

May I ask what steps you took to create your install usb? Just got a hand me down T7500 and would love to get this up and running. I’ll use the sapphire rx580 I have for video! I know there is no UEFI, so we boot clover legacy?

I'm using the attached EFI booting 10.14.3. There's a DisableDrivers section in the config.plist that I'm not sure is doing anything, but apart from that I think it's quite clean.

Steve

Attachments

• EFI.T7500.AMD.10.14.3.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 69
I'll give it a try. Drop this in the EFI partition right?

Last edited:
I'm using the attached EFI booting 10.14.3. There's a DisableDrivers section in the config.plist that I'm not sure is doing anything, but apart from that I think it's quite clean.

Steve
Did you use AppleALC for sound? I couldn't get the native AppleHDA working properly. I used VoodooHDA instead, but the native power management works fine. I can see the fan speed in HWmonitor.

Attachments

• T7500 Precision EFI.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 69
Finally, AppleALC works properly. I put codeccommander.kext in clover and everything works perfectly. I attached my EFI below and hope it can help someone who also struggled with this server desktop. My system is Mac osX 10.13.6 with dual Cpu X5675, the graphics card is Nvidia GTX 960(for an Nvidia graphics card, you need the webdriver ). I used a rollback 10.13.3 appleHDA.

Attachments

• Dell T7500 dual x5675 GTX960.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back