CPU
2x Xeon X5460
Graphics
8800 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Hey Guys
Today i finally got mavericks running on my T7400 everything seems to work bar the Sata card so no dvd drives at the moment.
I used the Unibeast method as stated on this site.
Here are the Full specs of my machine
http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/precn/en/precn_t7400_specsheet.pdf

Here is what I am running in the rig
Intel xeon cpu x2 X5460 3.16 Ghz Link below for full specs
http://ark.intel.com/products/33087/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5460-12M-Cache-3_16-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB

36GB of Pc2-5300 DDR2 - 667Mhz ECC Ram

Nvidia 8800GTX Graphics

Western Digital 160g Velociraptor 10k Drive running OS

Audio courtesy of the VooDoo Hda 2.7.2 Kext in the current Mavericks Multibeast.

The only issue was the network card, which my problem was solved by this kext Link Below
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/916-bcm5722d-kext/

So been using the machine all day and like I said everything working fine only missing my Sata controller will keep looking for a kext or solution for this and will post if i manage to sort it.
Hope this helps anyone that fancies trying this as well.
If anyone knows how to get the onboard Sata working I would appreciate any help.

Hope iI have posted this in the right area.

Hi!
I have issues with 10.9.3. I can't boot.
With SAS i have the message: Still waiting for root device. (sort of flags)

I can boot with SATA. Maverick and ML.

Any tips?
Sorry for my poor English.

@drnmalone
Really good that fresh news that you're running OsX M on a T7400!!
I justed started the process with one few days ago and I'm facing some (noob) issues at boottime (I'm new to hackintosh world, but with Linux User background)

As you, I followed the Unibeast method from here and installed successfully the kext for the net card (thx for the link!!!)
So I just wanted to ask you for more infos on your config / install process :

BIOS Version, Params (differents from Defaults)
Disk Connections
Multibeast parameters

FYI my config is the following :
BIOS A11
Intel Xeon E5472 @ 3GHz x1
8 Gb (Quad FB-DIMM DDR2 SDRAM ECC)
NVidia Quadro FX 4600 (might cause some troubles)
HDD SATA 80Go Seagate Baraccuda 7,2k (connected on sata0 during install)
USB Mouse & Keyboard (Logitek)

I installed without any boot flags and now I can't boot even with -x!!!

Will try some other tricks, but all info is welcomed!!!

:)

For the SAS controller i have never find a way to use it so plug your HDD to the sata ports it will be ok !
For the graphics, i have a quadro fx 4600 and never find a way to make it work ...
if you have any tips ...

@drnmalone
Running 10.9 on my T7400 with most everything working - including SAS controller. Here's my note to myself on what I did (it's been a while) Hope this helps.

install 10.9 with UniBeast
install Chimera
copy over Extra folder (fix simbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist if necessary)
remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (fixes boot crash)
remove AppleHPET.kext (fixes USB ports and DVD)
remove AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
remove AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext
back up AppleRTC.kext
run AppleRTC-Patch-Mavericks as su in terminal (patches AppleRTC.kext to fix cmos reset)
install kexts from kext folder (AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext, CMI8738AudioDevice.kext, EvOreboot.kext, FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, PlatformUUID.kext)
install kext for T7400 NIC (MavericksBCM5722.kext)
install CUDA driver (for nVidia GT520)
rebuild caches:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -all-loaded
and
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/ Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/

I have the files if anyone needs them.

My rig:
T7400
3.19 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
24 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 2048 MB
Western Digital WDC WD3000GLFS HD x3

Hi,

On my 690 I used a modded AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext. But the controller on the 7400 is a 1068e. I don't remember how I got it going. I did this about a year ago. Very sorry.

@drnmalone
Running 10.9 on my T7400 with most everything working - including SAS controller. Here's my note to myself on what I did (it's been a while) Hope this helps.

install Chimera
copy over Extra folder (fix simbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist if necessary)
back up AppleRTC.kext
run AppleRTC-Patch-Mavericks as su in terminal (patches AppleRTC.kext to fix cmos reset)
install kexts from kext folder (AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext, CMI8738AudioDevice.kext, EvOreboot.kext, FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, PlatformUUID.kext)
rebuild caches:
and
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/ Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/

My rig:
T7400

Can you please post your files, would like to have Mavericks on my T7400.

All the best
Walter77

@drnmalone

install Chimera
back up AppleRTC.kext
rebuild caches:
and

My rig:
T7400

I would like to get your file, if you still have those..! Got some problem getting it working with my graphics card (gtx 260) on my t7400. The screen turn off just before the logging screen.. Only works without the nvidia driver but resolution stuck at 1024x768 and no acceleration! thanks

Was anyone ever able to track down the install files from ktoo?

@drnmalone

install Chimera
back up AppleRTC.kext
rebuild caches:
and

My rig:
T7400

Greetings All!! Squeaky clean newbie to this hackintosh lark. And landed myself in it up to my ears. So I too have acquired at T7400 and am trying to install OSX. Its been a while since you posted this, but do you still have access to these "files" and where is this "Extra Folder" you speak of?

Any help will be graciously received. Desperate to get this old beauty working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back