Contribute
Register

Dell Precision T5500 Yosemite help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck it is stuck in a reboot loop. I try running with -v (and various boot options) and trying to pause before it reboots but I can't figure it out

No luck it is stuck in a reboot loop. I try running with -v (and various boot options) and trying to pause before it reboots but I can't figure it out

Do you have any other graphics card with you??

Remove all the connected peripherals, then try to boot.

I was thinking of trying to pull the card from my working hackintosh this weekend since I know exactly how to configure that. Nothing else is plugged in I purposely left the extra hard drives unplugged until I got it all setup. Ill let you know.

Thanks

No luck. Tried 3 different graphics card and took out all the ram except the first dimm it just instantly restarts after the boot loader. I can't even get in now if I use the -x -v switches.

I'm reinstalling Yosemite from scratch using the graphics card from my working hackintosh since I know how to configure it and only one stick of ram in the first dimm. I'm also applying the boot 0 fix before installing the os

it doesn't matter I did it before and after then just switched to an ssd drive. I spent the weekend trying to get this working using different boot option, 4 different graphics cards including the one from my working hackintosh, an ssd hard drive (with your suggested trim option) and various different multibeast options with no luck. I officially give up. I'm just going to install windows

thanks for trying

i have a t5500 too and I installed 10.11.6 on it. So far it runs fast and good but I have a problem with the onboard lan. Did you know which driver you installed in the past?

I don't really need the lan because WLAN is good but the Apple Store login won't work...

Super thx. Now my lan works and after putting the network cards in the right order my app-store works too...

hi , can you make step by step guide for dell T5500

thank you awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back