Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I didn't see a newb forum, so I hope this is an appropriate place to discuss this.

I already have a Dell Precision T5500, with an Intel Xeon CPU (E5520) and an NVIDIA Quadro FX 580. I have two hard drives, one with my Windows installation, and another hard drive which I would like to install OS X on.

Can someone tell me the ease with which I could install OS X on the secondary drive? I need to retain my windows installation and all the files on the primary drive; however having OS X on the other will seriously help me out with work-related stuff.

I noticed in the FAQ that installation requires removal of hard drives, PCI cards, and RAM (I have 6GBs). Is that specific to this method of OS X installation, or are there other ways to avoid having to do this?

To install MacOS on a second harddrive I would recommend disconnecting the windows drive and then start the installation.
I have not disconnected any RAM and you CANT disconnect your Quadro (PCI Card) because your Xeon doesnt have a integrated graphics.

I made a Guide for the T5500 HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back