1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all I managed to get a Dell Precision T3610 workstation as per the description below:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.14.36 am.png

Working with no issues excluding the common USB 3.0 not being recognised , that I am addressing with a USB 3.0 after market card in a PCI-E slot and a I'm waiting on a wireless card so as enable airdrop et al.

I am extremely pleased with the machine excluding an issue with machine and have installed an additional 480GB SSD as the primary drive, 1TB HDD for data storage and have a IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter installed on the motherboard.

There is however the perennial issue with sleep and hibernation etc that is common.

Specifically, the workstation will become unresponsive when it falls into sleep and will not be able to be waked, I've addressed the common issues with Power Naps, though I still need to do a hard reboot to get any action. I might say other than that it works brilliantly.
I've attached the power settings in Systems Preferences Below:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.37.55 am.png

The workstation was loaded with the latest version of the Catalina Install via Unibeast and Clover as the Bootloader. I have had no need to use multi-beast because I used the amazing work of Casey Strouse see https://github.com/cstrouse/Dell-T3610-Hackintosh

I've attached the config.plist for completeness. If anyone has experienced similar issues I'd love to know if you'd been able to resolve them.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.5 KB · Views: 241
Have the same machine, same issues with sleep. When the machine shuts down to sleep a few seconds later it restarts but seems to lock up, not display or responsiveness. Needs a hard reset from there.

Do you have have audio passthrough to DP on the K2000?

Am slowly working through the USB3 issues, may have a solution to that soon.

Identical problem with regards the hard reset being required.

No audio pass through on the K2000.

I'm less concerned about the USB issue, I do wonder if it might be effecting the sleep issue.

Updating the machine has proved a tad problematic too. My work around has been with my MBP and Carbon Copy Cloner.

Using my MBP Carbon Copy Cloner method, I'm up and running the latest beta. Its been on all day without ANY issues excluding the sleep issue.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 6.29.38 pm.png

Hey guys I have a t3610 and i cant get it to boot with out using cpus=1 i had to make a copy of the OS from recovery and im using clover., e5 1620 v.2, 750ti, 128gb ram.

@hackburger You shouldn't need cpus=1 with the E5-1620v2. I have that CPU in my machine now and it works fine without that boot argument. Do you have your EFI up somewhere I can take a look at it?

Identical problem with regards the hard reset being required.

No audio pass through on the K2000.

I'm less concerned about the USB issue, I do wonder if it might be effecting the sleep issue.

Updating the machine has proved a tad problematic too. My work around has been with my MBP and Carbon Copy Cloner.
You should get HDMI audio on the K2000 with layout #3 or #7. I was able to get audio passthrough on DP without any specific configuration changes. Do you have a converter inline? Which DP version are the cables? Does it work on any of the ports?

Did you generate an SSDT for CPU power management using pikeralpha's tool? If you're using my EFI you'll need to generate PM info for your processor (unless you have the same one, which I doubt since I had an oddball CPU). A patched DSDT can handle those things as well as your USB and sleep issues. Are you still using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? I improved things stability-wise when I got rid of that.

Hi

Did you try big sur?

I have tried multiple times with open core to get big sur to boot with no joy at all.

me too, hope u share when u get it done, I have the exact device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back