Contribute
Register

Dell Precision M6800 Workstation Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been leaving the "switchable graphics" option disabled in the bios (enabled just to test) and using the integrated intel card but I'd rather use the nVidia card so I can get hardware acceleration. Do you know if that's possible?
probably not

Not the answer I was hoping for but thanks for responding.
if your nvidia requires web drivers, then you may try using High Sierra and disable your intel graphics in BIOS

as there are no web drivers for Mojave, Catalina

I've got a m4800 with the K2100. Nvidia hardware acceleration works with stock and web drivers but then video output only works on an external monitor. I have to disable nvidia for the 4600 to work on the built in display. Theres no bios option to disable hd4600 video or select which is used for what, so perhaps larynx and I have slightly different motherboards.

Last edited:
I've got a m4800 with the K2100. Nvidia hardware acceleration works with stock and web drivers but then video output only works on an external monitor. I have to disable nvidia for the 4600 to work on th he built in display. Theres no bios option to disable hd4600 video or select which is used for what, so perhaps larynx and I have slightly different motherboards.

I too have the K2100 and also don't have the BIOS option to disable the hd4600

I've been leaving the "switchable graphics" option disabled in the bios (enabled just to test) and using the integrated intel card but I'd rather use the nVidia card so I can get hardware acceleration. Do you know if that's possible?
Where is that "switchable graphics" option? I'm not seeing anything like it in bios A26.

Where is that "switchable graphics" option? I'm not seeing anything like it in bios A26.

It's in the video section
M4800-Switchable.PNG

Yeah that's where I figured it'd be. No such setting here.

Guys, Will this laptop now fully works on Mojave or Catalina? or only by High Sierra?

Guys, Will this laptop now fully works on Mojave or Catalina? or only by High Sierra?
Hello, mine is M4800 (similar M6800) works on Catalina and with OC on Big Sur very well, only problem with wake on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back