Contribute
Register

Dell Precision M6800 Workstation Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a shadow account for gaming anywhere that, I discovered, works fine on the Hackintosh ...... Anything else on OS X runs fine on the HD 4600 (Though for the life of me I don't understand why everything except Open GL support works with it). At this point I triple boot with Linux Mint, Windows 10 and MacOS Mojave so I can run and test anything I want to ...... I owe a big thanks to you Precision M6800 for making all that possible ......

Hi Precision M6800,

First, I'd like to thank your effort for posting such a good and helpful thread on M6800/M4800! I have successfully install Mojave 10.14.3 on my M4800 using your EFI file! Everything works well except two things, one is that the integrated camera cannot be recognized and didn't work, another is that when I put the laptop to sleep, it went to totally shut down. I try to put the HibernationFixup.kext into clover/kext/other/ folder, it doesn't help. Any suggestions about these issues? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Precision M6800,

First, I'd like to thank your effort for posting such a good and helpful thread on M6800/M4800! I have successfully install Mojave 10.14.3 on my M4800 using your EFI file! Everything works well except two things, one is that the integrated camera cannot be recognized and didn't work, another is that when I put the laptop to sleep, it went to totally shut down. I try to put the HibernationFixup.kext into clover/kext/other/ folder, it doesn't help. Any suggestions about these issues? Thanks in advance!
I can't manage to fix sleep issue I am still searching for fix and really is not important for me .
and camera should be working

Hi, I have an M6800 with an upgraded Nvidia M4000M, on Windows 10 its working like a charm but the drivers were installed with a moded *.inf file. Do you know if there will be an issue if I follow your steps? I have some experience with a hackintosh, long time ago I did it succesfully with a Dell 1525. Thank you.

Hi, I have an M6800 with an upgraded Nvidia M4000M, on Windows 10 its working like a charm but the drivers were installed with a moded *.inf file. Do you know if there will be an issue if I follow your steps? I have some experience with a hackintosh, long time ago I did it succesfully with a Dell 1525. Thank you.

You should try man
I think it gonna work for you ; my main EFI purpose is to manage Optimus in mac OS without bios reset every restart
Good luck

MODIFIED (Final Update 30 Nov 2018)

For Mojave and High Sierra

Hi Precision M6800,

I followed your instruction to install HighSierra on M6800, NVIDIA Quadro K3100M successfully.

What if I install Mojave on this laptop. I heard that Apple does not allow Nvidia to write driver for Mojave?

Does it mean that I have to disable Nvidia card and only use Intel GPU HD4600?

Have you ever tried AMD Firepro M6100? Does Mojave supports this card?

Thanks

Hi Precision M6800,

I followed your instruction to install HighSierra on M6800, NVIDIA Quadro K3100M successfully.

What if I install Mojave on this laptop. I heard that Apple does not allow Nvidia to write driver for Mojave?

Does it mean that I have to disable Nvidia card and only use Intel GPU HD4600?

Have you ever tried AMD Firepro M6100? Does Mojave supports this card?

Thanks
You can install mojave and nvidia gpu is gonna work full acceleration without issue ; only no CUDA acceleration for video editing.
I'm sorry I did not try Firepro at all
To be honest after I upgraded to Mojave I downgraded again to High Sierra because I need nvidia CUDA .

Upgrade to Mojave with same EFI ; you may need to update Lilu and whatevergreen and AppleALC.kext

Have a good day

I'm trying to run Mojave 10.14.4 on my M6800 (specs in signature), and I've run into some issues:

1. Dock's USB ports don't do anything. Wasn't an issue in Sierra, is an issue in High Sierra.
2. When booting, I'm getting "Unsupported CPU", followed by "Unsupported PCH", followed by 4 60 second timeouts from AppleACPICPU.
3. When booting for first setup or after upgrade (tried clean install and upgrade), I'm greeted either by no backlight or display (on any monitor), or no display but backlight on internal screen and no signal on external displays when nv_disable=1 is set.

Have tried a known working ESP from Sierra and your ESP, neither booting past this black screen. I've also tried using Whatevergreen to no avail either.

card reader not work for me:( how can i enable to work? does intel quick sync work for you? on nvidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back