Contribute
Register

Dell Precision M6800 Workstation Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
MODIFIED (Final Update 30 Nov 2018)

For Mojave and High Sierra

Here's my final EFI update for Dell precision m6800 with alots of fixes and tweaks ; just download and install Nvidia web driver for High Sierra

- Fully working everything audio , Bluetooth, Ethernet , wifi , mSata , Card reader ....
- Bios Reset fixed
- Brightness Slider
- Optimus Graphic
- Use Intel HD only or Intel HD + Nvidia (if you want Nvidia only then disable Optimus in bios)
- What is missing and doesn't work ?
You tell me
- all fixes files and instructions are included

Thank You ...

NB : this guide will work 99% with any similar model from Dell as M4800 ....

Links for my old EFI is below ; just use it for Nvidia only with Optimus Graphics disabled in Bios

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 16.15.31.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 16.15.31.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 2,417
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 16.20.34.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 16.20.34.png
    3 MB · Views: 2,177
  • EFI Dell Precision.zip
    28.3 MB · Views: 2,421
  • Final EFI 30 Nov Fix .zip
    72.8 MB · Views: 3,062
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, new UniBeast. Successfully installed Mojave.
i5 3470 3.2GHZ Quad Core CPU Processor LGA1155
GIGABYTE GA-B75M -D3H rev. 1.1, LGA 1155
16GB DDR3
Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 390 OC Gaming GPU 8 GB (after additional configuration) OK,
USB 3.0 OK, LAN OK, Audio OK.

Hi man! I have some problem with audio how do u do?

Attachments

• 0FDE3025-A0A7-4EED-8E88-86DF431C82BE.jpeg
    0FDE3025-A0A7-4EED-8E88-86DF431C82BE.jpeg
    748.7 KB · Views: 1,541
TY very much Precision M6800. Your EFI folder not only allowed me to clean install Mojave on my M6800 (I've been trying, since before it's release to public), but also worked in my High Sierra & allowed me to upgrade to Mojave (always failed blackscreen prior). Both installations worked AOK with exception of getting the Audio to work, but I'm certain that other fixes will pop up eventually. I did try your Audio fix in the clean 1st (failed), then the upgrade afterwards, since it's Audio worked AOK prior to the upgrade, but still no device shows up.
DellWS at Mojave no sound.png

Update: NVM. I got'er done on a clean install & using MultiBeast-High-Sierra-Edition-10.4.0 to install the Audio & Lilu.

Thanks again Precision M6800. Your success led me to mine. I'm very pleased with the faster startup than was in High Sierra. I prolly had it too garbaged up with unnecessary kexts.

@Precision M6800

Bios settings: switchable graphics on?

If off, do you have to apply every boot or this option sticks (save)?

I'm using A23 bios and have to apply on each boot, reboot also clean the configuration.

@Precision M6800

Bios settings: switchable graphics on?

If off, do you have to apply every boot or this option sticks (save)?

I'm using A23 bios and have to apply on each boot, reboot also clean the configuration.

Switchable graphics should be OFF , No issue at all with bios if is OFF
If is ON it will reset to OFF ( I mean switchable graphics option )

I will do soon new update for thread to enable Switchable graphics without bios annoying reset issue and set it to ON and save permanently

I will upload my new EFI Partition soon once my testing finish

Thread has been updated in the main post

If you have any questions or issues please let me know ; I will reply as soon as possible

Hey Precision M6800,

Ive for the M6800 with k3100m and i'm doing hackintosh because i want to get imovie working really good.
I have two SSDs installed -one with Win10 UEFI and one empty SSD.
Im struggling with the tips you have in your OP vs instructions you have in your downloadable file, as they seem to conflict.
My issue is that i'd like to dual boot or install Mohave on 2nd empty ssd, and im confused about your UEFI vs Legacy directions.
In my case, what UEFI/Bios settings would you suggest or method would you suggest for getting Mohave to work alongside Windows 10?

p.s. i followed the guide here and already created the installer. Just waiting on some advice!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
Your help is appreciated.

Hey Precision M6800,

Ive for the M6800 with k3100m and i'm doing hackintosh because i want to get imovie working really good.
I have two SSDs installed -one with Win10 UEFI and one empty SSD.
Im struggling with the tips you have in your OP vs instructions you have in your downloadable file, as they seem to conflict.
My issue is that i'd like to dual boot or install Mohave on 2nd empty ssd, and im confused about your UEFI vs Legacy directions.
In my case, what UEFI/Bios settings would you suggest or method would you suggest for getting Mohave to work alongside Windows 10?

p.s. i followed the guide here and already created the installer. Just waiting on some advice!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
Your help is appreciated.

What tips in my OP ? Just use and follow my latest update from downloadable files ( google drive link )

Sorry I haven't tested dual boot in my machine at all ; I have same k3100m as you with SSD and 16 gb ram i7 4900mq ..
But you should try and I am sure it will work
First install macos in one ssd with provided EFI Using UEFI mode with legacy enabled in PC bios
Look in your Bios and you will know about what I am taking about ..
After that install windows in the second SSD

What tips in my OP ?
Please try and read more
Yeah all i was saying was thank you here. Tips-Help-Advice

I did a clean install and used your Method with your EFI's on my M6800 and it worked great. Followed the directions in your zip, sound, video, everything working phenomenally. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Im having one issue, that i'm pretty sure is because of the wifi card i'm using- more so the atheros hack i installed from below.
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...less-driver-os-x-101112-for-unsupported-cards
My wifi works great but the app store keeps freezing up my M6800, so that i have to force restart, ever since installed this hack.

Im using an Atheros AR5BHB92 . A card that worked OOB for many a hackinstosh but apparently not supported now.
i'll do some reading in the meantime.
My M6800 shipped with an Intel 7260 that i assumed wouldn't work.
What wireless card are you using?
Any advice on uninstalling this Atheros fixer prog? "AirPortAtheros40 installer"
I'ts on my desktop not in applications and its been a few years since my last build.
Or if you suggest starting over with clean install i can do that.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Yeah all i was saying was thank you here. Tips-Help-Advice

I did a clean install and used your Method with your EFI's on my M6800 and it worked great. Followed the directions in your zip, sound, video, everything working phenomenally. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Im having one issue, that i'm pretty sure is because of the wifi card i'm using- more so the atheros hack i installed from below.
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...less-driver-os-x-101112-for-unsupported-cards
My wifi works great but the app store keeps freezing up my M6800, so that i have to force restart, ever since installed this hack.

Im using an Atheros AR5BHB92 . A card that worked OOB for many a hackinstosh but apparently not supported now.
i'll do some reading in the meantime.
My M6800 shipped with an Intel 7260 that i assumed wouldn't work.
What wireless card are you using?
Any advice on uninstalling this Atheros fixer prog? "AirPortAtheros40 installer"
I'ts on my desktop not in applications and its been a few years since my last build.
Or if you suggest starting over with clean install i can do that.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Best to install supported Broadcom WiFi hardware.
Refer to the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back