Contribute
Register

Dell Precision M6800 Workstation Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have succesfully install MacOS Catalina in Dell M4800.But when I shutdown or restart the laptop the bios resets the "SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS" option I want to turn this option on because this options disable the Nvidia M1100 and uses Intel HD4600.Nvidia M1100 is not supported in Catalian.PLEASE HELP.

This is my EFI folder:

Attachments

• Final Efi.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 170
Dear Everyone ,
I already have been install High sierra in my laptop with lasted security update. But when I check my fan by HWmonitor or Istat, I see my fan is always as 0rpm or ---rpm (It's never spinning). So Can you help me fix this issues.?
I already update clover to v2.5k r5102. Other problem is BT still not working.
Thanks so much.
Here is my spec:
Intel I7 4810MQ 2.8 Mhz - Intel HD Haswell 4600
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K3100M 4GB
HDD Seagate 500 GB
Ar9565 WiFi and BT Adapter
BIOS A25 ( Latest 30 Oct 2018 )

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    8.6 MB · Views: 136
The screen isn't stretched it's extremely dark, I can barely see the options on the screen and it makes it impossible to continue with the setup.
Have you tried connecting an hdmi monitor?

Have you tried connecting an hdmi monitor?

I tried but got no signal. I've been using the laptop in the meanwhile with nv_disable=1 in config.plist so it's using the Intel graphics card. Whenever I try to load something with hardware acceleration in Mojave it loads a blank screen.

It's been usable in the meantime but I'd still prefer to use the nVidia card

Yeah that's the same issue I get, except with Nvidia drivers it only outputs to an hdmi monitor.

I can screenshare in but without the nvidia drivers it's unusably laggy. System report doesn't show Intel HD 4600 or anything similar so I'm wondering if the Intel drivers are even loading when it's displaying on the internal screen. Cinebench reports "Apple Software Renderer".

Yeah that's the same issue I get, except with Nvidia drivers it only outputs to an hdmi monitor.

I can screenshare in but without the nvidia drivers it's unusably laggy. System report doesn't show Intel HD 4600 or anything similar so I'm wondering if the Intel drivers are even loading when it's displaying on the internal screen. Cinebench reports "Apple Software Renderer".

Do you mind sharing your config.plist? Using an HDMI monitor would be better an upgrade right now :D

Sure. Fwiw, I'm on bios A26 but don't have sound working :-\

Attachments

• configs.plist.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 79
I tried enabled switchable graphics in the BIOS (A25) and run Clover without the "nv_disable=1" parameter but I still get a blank screen on the laptop and when connecting an HDMI monitor. Took a picture of the boot up screen (before it goes blank) and getting a few error messages regarding the nVidia kexts

IMG_1254.jpg

I tried enabled switchable graphics in the BIOS (A25) and run Clover without the "nv_disable=1" parameter but I still get a blank screen on the laptop and when connecting an HDMI monitor. Took a picture of the boot up screen (before it goes blank) and getting a few error messages regarding the nVidia kexts

View attachment 470530
switchable graphics is not supported on laptop hacks

switchable graphics is not supported on laptop hacks

I've been leaving the "switchable graphics" option disabled in the bios (enabled just to test) and using the integrated intel card but I'd rather use the nVidia card so I can get hardware acceleration. Do you know if that's possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back