Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody,

I have trouble getting macOS Sierra to work on my Dell Precision M6700 laptop. I cannot get the Nvidia Web Drivers to work. After the verbose boot text, my monitor turns off or turns black. There also isn’t any output on HDMI and Display Port monitors.

I am running macOS Sierra, installed with Unibeast and Multibeast. As SMBios I have tried iMac14,2 and iMac15,2.

My computer specs are as follows:
Laptop type: Dell Precision M6700
CPU: i7 3740QM
GPU: Nividia Quadro K4000m (Kepler architecture, no optimus)
Chipset: Intel QM77

After reading posts in the desktop forum, I have tried the following things:
1. Installing the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts from the Nvidia troubleshooting thread
2. Shilohh’s AGDPFix
3. Creating a custom SSDT with Shilohh’s guide (I did not manage to get the GPU named correctly in IORegistryExplorer)
4. The steps from problem 6 from the Nvidia driver troubleshooting thread
5. Reinstalling the drivers and trying everything again
6. PCIRootUID=0 & PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000 & npci=0x3000
7. Injecting NVIDIA with Clover. Both with and without a generic name.

Currently, I can only boot with nv_disable=1.

Do you guys maybe have tips on how to make this work? I would really appreciate it.

Hi everybody,

I have trouble getting macOS Sierra to work on my Dell Precision M6700 laptop. I cannot get the Nvidia Web Drivers to work. After the verbose boot text, my monitor turns off or turns black. There also isn’t any output on HDMI and Display Port monitors.

I am running macOS Sierra, installed with Unibeast and Multibeast. As SMBios I have tried iMac14,2 and iMac15,2.

My computer specs are as follows:
Laptop type: Dell Precision M6700
CPU: i7 3740QM
GPU: Nividia Quadro K4000m (Kepler architecture, no optimus)
Chipset: Intel QM77

After reading posts in the desktop forum, I have tried the following things:
1. Installing the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts from the Nvidia troubleshooting thread
2. Shilohh’s AGDPFix
3. Creating a custom SSDT with Shilohh’s guide (I did not manage to get the GPU named correctly in IORegistryExplorer)
4. The steps from problem 6 from the Nvidia driver troubleshooting thread
5. Reinstalling the drivers and trying everything again
6. PCIRootUID=0 & PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000 & npci=0x3000
7. Injecting NVIDIA with Clover. Both with and without a generic name.

Currently, I can only boot with nv_disable=1.

Do you guys maybe have tips on how to make this work? I would really appreciate it.

Did you try injecting EDID?

Did you try injecting EDID?

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Injecting EDID with Clover also did not work.

I attached the Clover config file. Did I modify it correctly? I extracted the EDID from the Nvidia Control Panel in Windows.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 318
Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Injecting EDID with Clover also did not work.

I attached the Clover config file. Did I modify it correctly? I extracted the EDID from the Nvidia Control Panel in Windows.

It would depend on your version of Clover.
For newer Clover, those settings are wrong/not supported.
New settings:
config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true
config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Custom=<data>

And your EDID in CustomEDID is wrong anyway. EDID is 128 bytes. You have 129 there...

It would depend on your version of Clover.
For newer Clover, those settings are wrong/not supported.
New settings:
config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true
config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Custom=<data>

And your EDID in CustomEDID is wrong anyway. EDID is 128 bytes. You have 129 there...

Sorry for the stupid mistake. I fixed the EDID injection in the config.plist. The Clover boot log now shows that the "CustomEDID is ok".

Sadly the screen still remains blank. I don't see any strange items in the log either.

Attachments

• debug.log.txt
    27.3 KB · Views: 294
Sorry for the stupid mistake. I fixed the EDID injection in the config.plist. The Clover boot log now shows that the "CustomEDID is ok".

Sadly the screen still remains blank. I don't see any strange items in the log either.

Your config.plist is missing the setting to enable the Nvidia web drivers.

config.plist/SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb=true

Your config.plist is missing the setting to enable the Nvidia web drivers.

config.plist/SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb=true

Thanks for helping me so much!

Sorry about not telling this earlier, but I was using the settings in Clover to select the Nvidia Web Drivers. I modified the config.plist, and still get the same result. The internal monitor of my laptop is blank, while every external monitor goes to standby.

Is there maybe a log that shows what is happening when the screen goes blank?

Sorry about not telling this earlier, but I was using the settings in Clover to select the Nvidia Web Drivers. I modified the config.plist, and still get the same result. The internal monitor of my laptop is blank, while every external monitor goes to standby.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

koeniekoenie have you solved the issue? i'm having same troubles, can't even run installer.

koeniekoenie have you solved the issue? i'm having same troubles, can't even run installer.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back